Kemper with Golub crunch mod Marshall profile

• Hi folks!

Just uploaded the rig in the Rig Exchange. It lacks the plate reverb, because that´s Strymon in the loop.

Cheers,

Marko

• love this Profile...thanks for sharing.

One question, why would it have the Uwe Orange cab loaded, what happened to the cab from the original Profile?

Also, browsing through the cabs, IMO, two of my favourite Till's cabs, the 006 and V30/T75, both slaughter the Orange cab.

• downside is that alot of the highgain amps starting to sound kind of similar :huh:

This is something that really puzzled me for quite a time and i investigated this whole situation a little deeper. I wanted to know if the sound of a profile really changes dramatically if you profile an amp with a cab or if you exchange the cab with the profile of the same cab with the same miking. The lesson i pulled for myself is somewhat uncomfortable either. As you know the sound of your own cabs you will automatically tend to set different amps to make them sound similar to produce "your" sound. So if you use the same cab and mics with different amps, the sounds will be become very similar indeed. The more gain you use the more similar it gets.

Watch the amp comparison videos of Ola Englund or Lasse Lammert. Everytime i watch those vids i ask myself why those amp all sound so similar. My guess is that the close miking and the character of the cab color the tone way more than you would expect when you hear the amp "in the room".

• downside is that alot of the highgain amps starting to sound kind of similar :huh:

Go play a bunch of different Marshall Hi Gain heads through the same cab in a music store and you'll notice the same thing, they all sound similar, and even more similar if you mike up the same cab using the same mike and record them.
    The problem is we're getting too spoilt around here, we've got ourselves a collection of Marshall amps we could never dream of owning, we can't use them all, you have to choose & select just a few.
    Good idea to try use different cabs because that way they don't sound similar, each one will have a unique tone....kind of like if you own 5 Strats, no point in having the same pickups in each Strat, you need to use different pickups to make each one unique and different.

• I know that it's totally my own "fault", I'm not complaining, it's just the way it is. it's just that it becomes very obvious when you start to scroll through a bunch of amps you have collected and tweaked during the past weeks and listen to them side by side. it's very clear how I want my amps to sound, everyting sounds like marshall when I'm done tweaking :D

• I know that it's totally my own "fault", I'm not complaining, it's just the way it is. it's just that it becomes very obvious when you start to scroll through a bunch of amps you have collected and tweaked during the past weeks and listen to them side by side. it's very clear how I want my amps to sound, everyting sounds like marshall when I'm done tweaking :D

Same here, the problem is we all have a sound in our head, and tweak it to that, over the years I keep changing amps, digital preamps etc, the singer in the band told me a few times " why do you always change gear, it always sounds the same to me no matter what you're using. :) So I guess in some cases we just change gear because we're bored. :)

• Same here, the problem is we all have a sound in our head, and tweak it to that, over the years I keep changing amps, digital preamps etc, the singer in the band told me a few times " why do you always change gear, it always sounds the same to me no matter what you're using. :) So I guess in some cases we just change gear because we're bored. :)

so true..I remember a guy I knew who used to play an old marshall valvestate with a crappy distorsionpedal in front. his bandmates finally got him to get rid of the amp and get "the new" johnson millenium. first thing he did was to set up a dial in the sound of the valvestate..and on top of that he added that old crappy distpedal as well...the band split up shortly after

• Wow, thanks a lot ! :thumbup:
    This place is awesome !
    Has anybody of you been GAS'ing for an other amp since you have the Kemper ?

No, as a matter of fact - I think I'll never have GAS for a new amp again. Now it's only GASing for guitars - the way it should be. ^^

Next week a profiling session is coming up, got a few goodies for you !

Looking forward to that! :)

• I just heard the clip and was floored by this tone. Will try it out tonight!!!! Thanks a million for uploading this, Marko. :thumbup:

• This is a GREAT sounding profile (of course the clip itself is amazing too!). I removed all FX and only had a little time with it, I need to see how it cleans up with volume knob.
    What is the Reznor Plexi? I may have missed that - I am still searching for the right Marshall(s) beyond this one. Amazing sparkle cleans, almost brittle but not and very pleasing and edge of breakup stuff... any recommendations?

• This is a GREAT sounding profile (of course the clip itself is amazing too!). I removed all FX and only had a little time with it, I need to see how it cleans up with volume knob.
    What is the Reznor Plexi? I may have missed that - I am still searching for the right Marshall(s) beyond this one. Amazing sparkle cleans, almost brittle but not and very pleasing and edge of breakup stuff... any recommendations?

The JMP77 one by Kemper is not bad, I use it for some early AC/DC with an SG. Has the after funk splatty sizzle in the decay you can hear on Powerage and Highway to Hell.