NORTHLANE TONES

• Hey All,
    Does anyone have any of the Northlane Profiles? Any opinions on them? I am looking for tones for drop F and G tunings and also Ambient delay/reverb tones as well. Thanks yall!

• While I personally can't help you, here is a thread discussing STL profiles: STL Tones profiles?? Maybe you are lucky there. A few of the people have bought it, to my knowledge.

By the way, you may want to make sure you post in the correct subforum. I personally would have posted a question like this in the third-party-rigs-discussion-forum and not in the free-rigs-profiles-forum. Maybe you would get a greater response over there?

Anyway, best of luck in your search for your tone :)

• One thing the Jon Deiley (Northlane guitarist signature pack) has that other STL profiles don't have is a free sample on the Rig Exchange. If you search Jon Deiley on RE, you'll find a Diezel Vh4 profile from his pack on there. It's a good profile, definitely almost had me buying his pack.

rockyowitz.bandcamp.com
    soundcloud.com/rockyowitz
    My music can also be found on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Tidal, Rhapsody, and some pirating websites!
    "The Musings of Balance"
    "Future/Corrupted"
    "Bits & Waves, vol. 1"

• Northlane is a very good pack. I play around the drop Ab area. I have almost all the STL Producer/Artist packs, and I think the best of them for looow tunings is (in order) Will Putney, then Kris Crummet, then David Bendeth. If you're strictly metal, Northlane/Atrium/Putney are all very good. Please keep in mind I've had the Kemper for less than a week, but I know what I like.

Sorry for the dead thread bump.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I've got the Northlane pack and honestly don't use it a whole lot, I've found so many better profiles in other packs. The Will Putney pack for instance I use more than anything at the moment. I also really enjoy the Andy James bundle. I've heard good things about the Atrium bundle so I'm sure I'll add that one eventually as well along with the Kris Crummet and David Bendeth.
    I just saw War Of Ages the other night and Their guitar player Jack was using profiles from his signature pack from King Sound (http://www.kingsoundstudio.com…-jdr-signature-collection) and it sounded pretty bad ass. Think that's gonna be the next one I pick up.
    Just as a reference I'm currently playing in 2 bands, both metal, one in D Standard and Drop C, the other with a 7 string in Drop A.

• I've got the Northlane pack and honestly don't use it a whole lot, I've found so many better profiles in other packs. The Will Putney pack for instance I use more than anything at the moment. I also really enjoy the Andy James bundle. I've heard good things about the Atrium bundle so I'm sure I'll add that one eventually as well along with the Kris Crummet and David Bendeth.
    I just saw War Of Ages the other night and Their guitar player Jack was using profiles from his signature pack from King Sound (http://www.kingsoundstudio.com…-jdr-signature-collection) and it sounded pretty bad ass. Think that's gonna be the next one I pick up.
    Just as a reference I'm currently playing in 2 bands, both metal, one in D Standard and Drop C, the other with a 7 string in Drop A.

Yeah, I agree, especially after more time with them. The Putney pack is really excellent. I think the Crumett and Bendeth ones are just as good. I have the MBritt Modern pack for using with a poweramp and cab (they really shine there), the Putney/Crumett/Bendeth/Sky Dreams packs from STL, and nothing else stored on the Kemper right now. Plenty of tones.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Hey guys,

Ive owned the Kemper for 2 or 3 years now.

Always been a tube amp user for about 20 years. I couldn't really find my groove with the Kemper. Until!!

NORTHLANE RIG PACK!

This Pack is the best I've heard!!!! no fizzy crap going on in the highs! awesome definition and power!

best pack out there. I also own the putney pack and don't like it.

So Johntot, buy it!