A Fantasy Kemper Product - A Profiling Guitar

• I was looking at the Variax guitar by Line6 and got thinking. Wouldn't it be cool if sometime in maybe the future Kemper came up with a Profiling Guitar? Don't ask me how it would technically work, hell i couldn't tell you how the kemper technically works!

You could profile guitars or have a guitar manager rather than a rig manager with different guitars and pick up options. These would also have to sound as great and realistic as the kemper amps do of course.

Might sound bit nuts now but i'm sure when the pod came out at first if someone suggested the idea of the Variax maybe they would have been thought of nuts too!

• oooh i love the idea! but there is the "digital" problem with latency and so on ... even with the variax... when i compared it to a real tele or strat the variax always sounded like a mp3 version ...
    Aaaaand if you don't introduce a digital connection between kemper and guitar the A/D D/A conversion will introduce latency ... IF it is the fastest of the fast you got maybe around 2ms but yeah ...

if it is done properly if can be cool, just look at 12foot ninja ... he does things with the variax that are impossible with real guitars ... but yeah i think even with the variax ... it could be better imo

• This is what I'd like to see them do. It would fit right in with the Kemper modeling process (using a mic and comparing the source to the adjusted "profile, etc.). I'm sure I am minimizing the level of effort for CK, but it would make the KPA even more useful for acoustic.

Tone Dexter

• I honestly believe kemper would come up with something special if they did this. I would doubt they would do it the way line6 and Vox have done modelling guitars. Also they would - I'm guessing - wouldn't do a modelling but a profiling guitar so maybe what little snags the Variax has wouldn't necessarily be the same for the Kemper guitar.

Also would be great not just to be limited to a few guitars, a banjo & sitar but you could have anything that's been profiled that you wouldn't normally find on the Variax like a Gibson SG, a Fender Starcaster or even a 1950s/1960s guitar like a Kay or something like that.....we can but day dream!