Turning clean into mid-to high gain or lowering high gain to clean?

• Sup y'all! How's it going? Them toanz amirite? Lol ^^

Anywho , so last night I was doing some serious morphing and was wondering what ,if any, do you all like to prefer when it comes to subject of adding A LOT of gain to a clean rig OR turning down gain pretty much all the way on an existing high gain profile?

What do you choose and why? Is it a lot? Add dist stomps? Eq morphing? Amp parameters morphing? Preset level increase? Comp? Studio eq? Do you think it's better to add gain to a clean profile or subtract it from a high gain profile?

For example, i took a clean tone hammer prs archeon clean profile (super clean) and used the morph to turn up the following:
    Gain up
    Volume up
    Stack Eq
    Mix on a green scream
    Threshold on some noise gates
    Compressor intensity mix, attack, squash etc.

On a mbritt mid gain profile I morphed gain up, volume up
    mouse mix,
    Direct mix
    Gate threshold

All with what sounded like pretty good results and very very useful! (In Dj headphones with no other musical context) haha
    Ymmv
    FWIW
    Cheerz! :thumbup:

• From what I've read so far in this forum it seems to sound more natural to turn down the amp gain of a gainy profiled rig to achieve a cleaner sound than the opposite. For turning a profiled clean rig to a more gainy rig it seems to be better to use stomp boxes for distortion than to turn up the amp gain. But this is no personal experience as I don't tweak very much.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)