Preferred profiler sellers -Amp fctory?

• I am new to Kemper and likely getting a rig soon. Chris Brooks mentioned getting his profiles from Amp factory and he has amazing tone. Not sure if he is still using those. What are some other popular places to get some great Marshal and fender tones?

• Depending on your tastes:
    mBritt
    Top Jimi (esp. for marshalls)

..and so many others.

When you get the kemper, check out the rig packs - free packs from many of the most popular commercial sellers. That will give you a clue. Everybody's tastes are different, and that includes the tastes of the people doing the profiles (who dial in the source amps in the first place :-))

• Man there are lots. You'll have as many advices as there are users here on the forum.
    Don't start buying immediately if you are new to kemper, the rig exchange is full of gems. Plus get the Tim Owens and r.u.sirius collections. Keep and eye on the forum, you'll learn where to get them and where are the great freebies. Then you may decide to buy

• Check Rig exchange for George_Alayon, trust me. Some of the best Fender & Plexi profiles you can find anywhere, and they're free.

MBritt and Top Jimi are really popular around here. I find them a little too dark and muddy for my liking, but if you're after classic tones they have a lot of vintage vibes that people around here dig.

• I think Guidos "for the price of a cup of coffee" profiles are some of the best I've found so far, and Also Big Hairy Profiles.

I also have some Top Jimmy and MBritt but I haven't bonded with them the way I have Guido/BHP so with my Les Paul in terms of high gain/hair metal/virtuoso soloing styles....
    I haven't played with either of those two enough to make a fair review yet, but I was expecting Top Jimmy VH/AFD/Jubilee profile packs to be more love at first sight, but I've spent more time playing 3 particular Guido profiles than anything else.
    I need to go back and try the Top Jimmys I bought some more.... Maybe its just cause Kemper Reverb sucks so bad, I will probably like ALL my profiles better when I get either a PCM92 or Bricasti M7 (probably in March when I get my tax refund)

I would start with some profiles from Guido, you may very well find all you really need with his stuff.

I'm always wanting to see if there's something better, so I will probably buy EVERY profile pack that ANYONE sells from now until the end of time.

• For strat neck pickup, check "Vox Boutique OD" on Rig Exchange. Must have or at least must try!

For Plexis - George_Alayon on RE. Top class. Check also his latest Vibroverb uploads.

Mesa - djemass.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Depending on your tastes:
    mBritt
    Top Jimi (esp. for marshalls)

..and so many others.

When you get the kemper, check out the rig packs - free packs from many of the most popular commercial sellers. That will give you a clue. Everybody's tastes are different, and that includes the tastes of the people doing the profiles (who dial in the source amps in the first place :-))

I second that.Also some profiles sound better with different guitars/pickups. Some sound as good no matter what guitar/pickups. Another reason why guys here prefer profiler X profiles than Y profiles and other prefers profiler Y's profiles. Or both but want a little different flavor today or for another song etc. But be warned: a Kemper is highly addictive! :P:D You will forget about the time, eating, drinking, sleeping etc. :thumbup:

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• True.The reverb sucks so bad. I never use it. If I need reverb I use a reverb plugin instead.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I'm pretty new to this, but I've tried a lot of the free rigs from The Amp Factory and almost none of them sounded good to me. There was a nice plexi, but that's about it (to my taste).
    I've had much more luck with the Britt profiles.
    It might come down to the guitar - I use a tele, and found the britt profiles great, and the Amp Factory profiles too bright.

Usually it seems people say that Britt is too dark, so maybe it comes down to the fact I'm using a tele.

• Check Bert Meulendjk, Britt etc in the free packs section of rhe Kemper site first. Also TAF 's hot rodded 800 from an early pack. Also Nick K for his Marshall and TMS for the anniversary Mars. In their threads there are freebies to try first. Britt's and Bert's work great live, by the way. But you may like brighter profiles, so if you play LP s you should try freebies first. Good Marshalls also from Katzbach.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Get the free MBritt profiles! A new profiler called Selah Sounds just released a free pack and those profiles are absolutely killer, especially the Deluxe Reverb. As you can tell, I'm a big fan of free profiles lol.

• Generally speaking there are so many great profilers out there. You may want to specifiy whether you are looking for Live or Studio work, also what type of music you usually play. I have a lot of the top selling profiles and some that everyone rave about are not to my liking at all. Also what type of speaker/headphone/FRFR you will be listening to will make a difference. If playing live, Mbritt are NOT dark they are fantastic. If your playing metal you may not like his profiles, and if your a bedroom volume player they will sound darker. Are you a single coil or humbucker player? That can make the difference. You will get plenty of advice (some of it good even!) but you are about to embark on a fantastic (and somewhat expensive at times) journey.

• From all of the big sellers, you'll find some for free. I just used the preinstalled and some free downloads and than started playing, walking through the profiles sorted by gain.

For the profiles you love, just check the seller. For me it was like 90% of the profiles I stayed with and started tweaking were MBritt ones, so I bought some packs, when they were cheap.

One additional note: There is no need for thousands of profiles, I guess most people stick to max 10 profiles at a time, which they repeatedly use. Even only trying and tweaking profiles can take lots of time.

Kemper Stage