Pre and Post EQ - Video Demo inside

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is one of those often over looked Kemper features that I think we underutilize. We may not be able to re-order the whole Kemper signal chain like the Axe or Helix (Kemper Rules!!!) but we can move the EQ block before or after the Amplifier section and with some pretty interesting results. Enjoy!

• Interesting. I think it well known that if you reduce a signal before an amp by, in this case, cutting bass and mids before the amp block, you’ll get a cleaner sound simply cos you’ve reduced the signal lvl. And it’s always a good idea to cut before boosting - think of all the ‘mix gurus’ out there that state the same.

You do have a valuable take on it though and your tone is great so worth a watch for sure. Maybe a profile with less reverb / delay at some point might be nice too so we can hear the results a little better. (Says me listening on a phone!!!)

Overall great job and thank you for taking the time. Also got me interested in the profiles;)

• Been using a post EQ for a while now with a Studio EQ stomp in stomp slot 6. It's invaluable if you are running pedals in front, though it seems to be less important if using a quality IR.

Interesting concept with the pre/post EQ function of the amp EQ.

• Thanks for posting this - I've trawled the manual (and continue to do so) and hadn't spotted this.

Have been playing with sticking this pre amp to shape OD characteristics and then using a Studio EQ post for final tone shaping..

I also spotted the use of the compressor in amp settings in another of your vids - great for cleans without tying up a stomp with a compressor if you're looking for something a little less overt and want to keep those stomp slots for something else!

Gonna check out the profiles as the Suhr and Benson stuff sounds very nice.

Regards,

Si

• Keep in mind the comp in the amp parameters functions a little differently than a stomp box comp. It's more of a preamp tube compression/feel thing.

• Agreed. Often I'm just looking for a little squeeze and sustain on a clean tone and it seems that this can be achieved by the use of this parameter. Obviously there's a time and a place for the good old comp. Chicken picking anyone? :)

Si

• Good video. Thanks!

BTW, are you planning a holiday sale on profiles? Lord knows I really need more than the thousands I already have :rolleyes:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Cool vid, very interesting.

Have you ever tried to switch cab sim off when using a humbucker guitar? Imho most cabs destroy the humbucker clean sound of a les paul. I switched it off for the most clean profiles and get a crystal clear clean sound on a les paul. An old enginieer trick was to record a clean guitar right into the desk. You have to reduce the hights and the presence a little. Got cool results with this technic.

Cheers
    Frank