Cannot find the sound... for a classic number

• What a dumb question this is...

I know that a lot of the sound happens in the mix and studio setup, etc. but...

I have been on Rig Manager for 4 days now and gone through my complete collection of Michael Britt profiles and cannot find a good enough (for me... a time losing perfectionist) profile for the band Badfinger. I've tweaked many profiles and still unsatisfied. Reading what Joey Molland wrote

"Both Pete and I predominantly used two Fender Vibro Champs, and Tom used a Fender Bassman with a 2 x 12 bass cab. We both used Les Pauls, I used a 1957 TV model on Baby Blue which later got stolen. Pete used a Gibson SG that George had given to the band a couple years back. It was the same SG that George had used on Paperback Writer. And Pete and George both used a Fender Strat for the slide parts on Day After Day. Acoustics, I was playing a...

I tried the setup and (to me) nothing close.

Can anyone suggest a profile for Badfinger? Mainly the song Baby Blue.

Thank you and God bless,
    CraigWojo

• The rhythm part sounds pretty old school to me. Check out the Dynacord and Davoli profiles on the RE. M.Pausio had a Shadows of Past set of profiles that he shared some time ago. I'll see if I can locate that thread.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer