Ok , i'm going the FRFR route please chime in ...

• Allright guys , i'm taking the plunge to FRFR!

So few questions ( I have a powered kemper but active system would be fine as well)

A few concerns : A wedge type cab , where to put the kemper rack ? I do like the fact that a flightcase can still sit on top of a cabinet ... Will a 1X12 monitor give me the power I need although it stands on the floor ?

I read lots of topics regarding this and a mission engineering gemini 2 p would be my first bet although impossible to find in EU.

Other nice cabs that caught my eyes : matrix FR12 (16 ohm) , btw what the hell is the difference between all their models ? Atomic CLR ? The palmer and camper DIY kit seems very nice as well (do wonder why the 212 has no horn ? could it be added ?)

I read a lot about this yamaha DXR10 , pure PA powered speaker ...

I just recently noticed that my sounds thru my diezel 212FR cab aren't that different from each other , while thru headphones they are ... hence my quest to keep the CAB sim on !

So although there are lots of topics on this , please tell me what you use , what you tested , what made you buy that certain cab :)

Must say pricerange is not higher then 600 euro (so after selling the diezel Cab not to throw in too much extra cash !)

Thanks guys

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I knew that the mission Gem2 Stereo cab i wanted would have to be imported from the states...The reason why i waited and saved up to get it was the RESULTS, to me once you get a stereo FRFR of this quality it makes the other seem like a compromise.

Okay the others can get you by, but i just want you to keep this in mind, the end results of tone and the stereo cab made me enjoy and write more music compared to the lesser options. In English , i would save up and import the mission, to me it makes the kemper operate at full capacity and the satisfaction is worth the extra time/money!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I'm a DXR10 user here. I chose the 10 for no other reason than it is a convenient size and weight. Personally I'm really pleased with it and to me gives a good and accurate sound. Inherently the 10 will not give you as much bass as a 12 so bear that in mind depending on the music you play, but for me its not a problem.

It's worth mentioning I use it purely as a monitor as my KPA goes straight to the desk. I normally have it wedged either directly in front of me, or to the side of me depending on how much space we have. Volume wise its loud.... really loud and I cant imagine it struggling in any live environment.

I have a toaster, but have a couple of friends that have rack versions. Mine is normally on the floor , half in its flight case, close to the desk so out of the way and "off stage". My rack user friends employ the same placement and have no problems.

That all said, any of the others you mentioned are highly regarded.... just consider whether a 10 or 12 inch speaker will suit your needs better.

Good luck!

• I bought an Atomic CLR and it’s been a revelation. I’ve been involved in pro audio for many years and also played guitar for 40 of them, this is the best speaker I’ve used with modelling gear period. Andertons Music have a B stock passive unit at the moment for £450. You can always return it if you don’t like it.

• I bought an Atomic CLR and it’s been a revelation. I’ve been involved in pro audio for many years and also played guitar for 40 of them, this is the best speaker I’ve used with modelling gear period. Andertons Music have a B stock passive unit at the moment for £450. You can always return it if you don’t like it.

I've seen the ad ... tempting , still struggling with the different options , for me it's clear that a wedge gives me the best sound , the audience and pure backline , the CLR sits on the ground ...

Is this a good price for a used one ?

Also a active version will let me use it for other things such as mp3 player ... think DXR10 (although don't see me using this a lot :) )
    Friedman ASM12 , matrix , plain PA powered ala Yamaha DXR10 .... damn this drives me crazy !

First let me sell my diesel 212 cab :)

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I think £450 with a 12 month warranty is a good price. I would use my CLRs as studio monitors if I had the space, they are that good! Shops are obliged to offer a sale or return policy for online purchases, there’s no real substitute to trying some options out and seeing what suits you.

• Just bought the B-stock passive CLR from Andertons ... GAS killed me once again ...

This while my Diezel Cab hasn't been sold yet :O , my wife will kill me !

Raf

• I use this one! Active Stereo FRFR Cab from the German company Blueamps.
    The amp sounds better every day. :thumbup:
    Especially live in music clubs or in the rehearsal room. I am fully satisfied.
    Previously I have played Yamaha! DXR10. But just for Classic-Rock-Marshall sounds the Yamaha was too sterile for me (but that's my personal impression). ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband

• Is the only dif between active and passive Atomic CLR is that I would need a power amp to run it? (i have the unpowered kemper but I have a power amp)

• Is the only dif between active and passive Atomic CLR is that I would need a power amp to run it? (i have the unpowered kemper but I have a power amp)

Almost. The active CLR has a switch for wedge, backline or FF (free field) use, It's convenient for making quick adjustments. In reality, at least to my ears, it's just tweaks the low end. I tend to stick with FF and adjust the low response with the Kemper's global EQ. I've tested both side by side and with any decent power amp the differences were undetectable. The active version is bi-amped and these amps are optimised for the drivers. The active version is the optimum configuration, but I only bought the active version because my Kemper head was unpowered and I didn't have a power amp.

Edited once, last by NickS55 ().