Tweaks vs original profile - Compare feature

• I find often in the heat of a profile tweaking session, I have no idea whether I've taken the tone in the right direction or i've made it worse.

While this isn't a big problem with most modellers from the perspective that they are designed to sound like models, I find this distracting with the Kemper, where I am looking for authentic amp tones and don't want to tweak till my tone sounds synthetic.

In that regard, a compare feature would be great on the Kemper. Tweak till your heart's content, but when you want to compare versus the original tone, just hit a soft button.

I am hoping it's doable, it would speed up the tweaking process and help people avoid wasting a lot of time and then wondering wtf. :thumbup:

• I think you can do this with snapshost

Ah, but there's a whole lot of saving and loading and you have to go through another menu (rig) just to get to the snapshot. Plus, you'll have to have multiple snapshots after you tweak each time. Too troublesome.

How about we save current state of Kemper as a snapshot in memory, then flip to original untweaked state of profile. Another button press to switch back. And one more button press to revert to original instead of having to fiddle with the browse knob?

• Just a hint:

I load the original rig on my kpa and store it.
    For example: me bo bluesy

Than I store it again under me bo bluesy 1 and do my tweaks. After storing a tweak you can switch to the original profile with a double click in rm. With this naming the rig stand one after another in rm, no scrolling.
    But this is only to compare with the orig. profile. No snapshots between.

• You can always save with a new name and keep the original safe, but sure some undo option to recover the intermediary stages in the tweaking process would be great in the infamous non-existent editor! Saving 5 versions of the same Rig?  ?(

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Rig manager isn't always available to me, so I'd like to be able to do this without having to manipulate a mouse while holding my guitar. Imo, just as bad as having to press store, then turn browse, then press load (if autoload isn't on), then audition, then turn browse again, press load, ad infinitum.

Sure saving the original is an option, but what I'm driving at is similar to Kemper's alias concept (they mentioned this was on the drawing board IIRC), but within the same profile, if you get my drift.

• I’ve been making a new performance, putting profile in slot one and tweaking. I also then have the original in browser mode.

I can then tweak my performance slot and just turn the dial back to browser mode to hear the difference.

• Just a hint:

I load the original rig on my kpa and store it.
    For example: me bo bluesy

Than I store it again under me bo bluesy 1 and do my tweaks. After storing a tweak you can switch to the original profile with a double click in rm. With this naming the rig stand one after another in rm, no scrolling.
    But this is only to compare with the orig. profile. No snapshots between.

That's how I do it too.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau