Commercial profiling - seeking inputs

• Soon ill post a review of every thing bought , wait and see ;)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Of cause have pledged to do this from the start :)
    just takes time to get through the profiles am about half way through ATM

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I mainly go by free samples. I can typically play a few samples from a profiler, and know if I will like their work. I don't think that I've bought any packs from anyone I hadn't played samples from, first. I have bought packs where I hadn't played the exact amp, however, based upon other samples/packs I'd played from that author.

After that, I like hearing clips -- both solo and in a mix. I especially like hearing clips from other forum members, who aren't affiliated with the profiler. I also go by the word of mouth of some of the people on here who I know have similar taste to me.

Lastly, I like supporting people who are active in the forum. By that, I mean actually interacting with members -- not simply trying to do a hard sell.

• I guess I forgot price too. There is a certain amount I am willing to pay per pack and per profile. I'm sure others have their price points, as well. I'm not going to tell anyone what to charge for their work or how to run their business, though.

I also have very little impulse control, so if something is on a great sale, I will probably pick it up, even if it isn't one of my favorite amps.

• Also worth noting that the commercial profile side of things is over saturated as it is. If you offer profiles, probably best to do it as a labor of love knowing you won’t make much money doing it.

• The only ones I bought blindly and based on his clips were Guido, His early XTC profile set (Not Merged) is still my number one set of profiles. At €3.99 his packages are really nice. not too many profiles but the ones included are generally great. .
    These XTC set of profiles to my ears and fingers feel the best.and they're my number one go to profiles.

http://www.guidorist.com/en/product/kemper-amp-profiles-xtc/

I like those, as well. The price of his make them easier to buy on an impulse.

• DL'd the Christmas Clean profile and messed with it a bit yesterday. Sounds very nice! Kemper does such a killer job of clean amps! I pasted my ambient profile FX section onto it and it sounded killer! If your mid and higher gain stuff has the clarity the clean profile does; you have a winner!

• DL'd the Christmas Clean profile and messed with it a bit yesterday. Sounds very nice! Kemper does such a killer job of clean amps! I pasted my ambient profile FX section onto it and it sounded killer! If your mid and higher gain stuff has the clarity the clean profile does; you have a winner!

You are very kind, Sir, thank you. I come from a third world country, my family was persecuted and exploited there with Western backing or silence that made them complicit. People hear "Arvind Jayaram" put there and think, "haha, joke," imma watch the video. I assure you, Sir, I am not, and all I have is my good name to defend after all the gucking shit. Clips to follow, thank you for trying my profile.

• You are very kind, Sir, thank you. I come from a third world country, my family was persecuted and exploited there with Western backing or silence that made them complicit. People hear "Arvind Jayaram" put there and think, "haha, joke," imma watch the video. I assure you, Sir, I am not, and all I have is my good name to defend after all the gucking shit. Clips to follow, thank you for trying my profile.

Might be the language barrier but absolutely did not mean to imply anything with my comment? Just giving some props for a job well done! Keep it up! \m/

• Personally, as someone who has just started profiling seriously, I try and get the sound of the amp in the room as closely as possible usually by multiple mics, making sure they're phase accurate and giving me what I want to hear from the amp/speaker. I'll then do the profiling process using different possible amp settings. I do a studio and a DI profile always and then make a merged so people have choice. I deliberately don't massage the sound in anyway so people are free to do that for their particular mix. You can't add what's not there, but you can take away.

I usually will add a little reverb in the FX slot.

just my 2 cents :D

Marcus

• I like those, as well. The price of his make them easier to buy on an impulse.

And easier to delete, as well ;) .

I have a couple Guidorist profiles (Maz & "Hydra") though I scantly use them. For the price Guido's stuff isn't bad and I appreciate not having to sift through 1,000 profiles. Did think it was funny when people on his own thread had to explain to him that the profiles he offered as "merged" were not in fact merged.

• Thank you, Marcus. I saw your thread and saw how people appreciated your profiles and I would like to make a similar impact. I eat to buy it, but I am very broke at the moment, but the positive reviews convince me: 10 or so euros for a kick ass collection of sounds? Wow! I have nowhere as great a room and as great amps as your Dumbles. I have just been a member her for a Long time and hope to make my friends happy with a completely different perspective on an amped tone. They know me, and my only hope is I give them as great profiles as I have a great time on these forums!

• And easier to delete, as well ;) .
    I have a couple Guidorist profiles (Maz & "Hydra") though I scantly use them. For the price Guido's stuff isn't bad and I appreciate not having to sift through 1,000 profiles. Did think it was funny when people on his own thread had to explain to him that the profiles he offered as "merged" were not in fact merged.

Might be the language barrier but absolutely did not mean to imply anything with my comment? Just giving some props for a job well done! Keep it up! \m/

Nah man. Not trying to kiss your ass for an easy sale! I want to assure you, I went to the best American and British schools in my childhood and had friends from around the world... I am merely referencing some humour from my childhood where despite the love, we cracked the most obscene jokes because we knew it was love and friendship... a Long time ago, kindergarten (in a missionary school) and then 1st through 8th in American and British schools.

Edit: well, shit , dude. I have to learn more about political correctness. Apologies to all. Peace and love.