How to turn off effects and set volume on the Kemper?

• Can someone tell me how to make my Kemper keep all of the effects turned off all the time?

And second, can someone tell me how to make the default Volume of the Kemper lower?

Like, I want these two things saved so every time I turn on the Kemper I never have effects on any profiles unless I push a button to turn them on.

When I am playing through my headphones it seems like EVERY profile is too loud to the point of where it's causing distortion in my headphones, and to correct that I almost always have to turn the Volume on the Kemper down by 3 DB, I'd love to know a way to set the default volume of the Kemper to -3 DB.

• You can lock all eight blocks in the "off" setting, which will keep them off for any rig you pull up. As for the overall volume, the master volume control (the top one) is the one you want to use.

• The TOP one for real??? The one that says Master Volume?

This whole time I've been using the one on the bottom that just says Volume, because I thought Master Volume meant like the Master Volume knob on a real amp, I thought messing with that would change the tone of the profile.

I will have to try it the other way now.

• The one on the bottom is the volume for the individual rig (used for balancing volume from preset to preset) and is saved with the preset, the bigger knob higher up is the global master volume.