tap tempo button reliability

• Quick question to all those using the remote and the tap-tempo function:

Often i find, shortly after changing slot within a performance, i have to make several attempts at tapping the tempo button for setting my delay times as the BPM is noticeably several BPM out.
    The indicator is not a reliable guide as it flickers occasionally (this issue has been discussed in other threads) and consequently is not a good enough visual representation of the delay time.
    The true result is obviously listening to the delay times. Its not always possible to use the beat-detect function, especially if you are setting up the delay prior to making any sound.
    (I i can save delay times as part of the performance but often i use the same preset for multiple songs)

How reliable and how easy do you find you can achieve the desired tempo setting by foot-tapping the delay-tap button?
    I understand it should set within two taps but its more like 3 or 4 attempts of 4 taps or more to obtain the correct BPM value.

• To set the tempo I also need several taps in a row.
    However, I don't think that the used buttons are really suitable for me to catch the tempo exactly.
    You have to use a lot more force than with the normal foot tap without a button.
    In addition, there is a time lag between sensing the switching resistance and the actual triggering of a tab.
    If the tempo has to be very precise, there is probably no other choice than setting it manually or creating own rigs.
    For normal music operation it is sufficient enough for me. But I wouldn't dare at dance tournaments.

• Similar to the related conversation, (Tap button blinking irregularly) my conclusion is the "less important " functions of the remote (and toaster/rack) are given a low priority over the audio-processing of the main unit, quite rightly so and Visual feedback is probably lowest in terms of importance.
    Im guessing the "polling" of buttons is limited to occasional cpu cycles rather than a priority task and more often than not it will (eventually) get the tempo correct from an average measurement of tempo-button taps (main unit and remote alike?) based on a few bars worth of taps, *after* its done all its other business, ie, a new performance load seems to consume processing resources for a second or two after its been executed.

Be interesting to hear the K-team's response to this to confirm if my theory is correct or perhaps there is another reason...

• I have also had problems with tempo issues.
    Described here: Tempo freezes
    The tap function just seems unreliable.
    (The issue here is not the led flashing out of tempo, but the effect not responding to tap tempo changes)
    It would be nice to have some response from Kemper on this.
    I'm considering to use my G system for effects instead, to get a more relaible setup,
    but its not very satisfying.

• Same issue I am having, it takes me four or five tries to get the tempo right, and even then it’s not exact… I have a little T Rex replica delay and I can hit it twice and it is bang on every time!
    Hopefully it is something they are working on...

• Id bet my bottom dollar/euro/pound/pesata/groat that the k-team are more than aware of this and are exhausting their efforts with the intention to correct it (as, and) when the time is right; which is one of the reasons, I believe, the next public-release update is overly imminent.
    Im not a fan of weekly firmware updates- that's a cheeky way of dodging beta releases, (who mentioned IOS apps...) but i do look forward to a resolution that will satisfy this as well as the unreliable visual led remote-pedal indication feedback, which im sure will be corrected in a forthcoming update also.
    Ultimately, We get nothing but the best from the kpa-team and, eventually, the best things come to those that have the patience. :sleeping:
    They've not let us down yet.... <3