What do you think the new update will be

• Hi, I'm really a overdrive/distortion stompboxes guy and it's for me the weakness of the kemper, I'm sure we can have a lot of new and better stompboxes based on some great existing models (old and new ones there are always a lot's of new overdrive/distortion)

I also would love to have a lots of synth style effects that transform your guitar into vintage synth etc, when i see my kemper head i think it just has the look to make those kind of sounds !! :)

Also more reverbs would be very cool, i'd love to have a reverb like the valhalla shimmer and ambient stuffs, also some vintage one in brief, we have never to much reverbs.

An editor would be also very cool, it's not in my top list priority but i can admit easily that is annoying turn turn all those knobs, it's become tiresome quickly.

• My feeling is that the lack of an easy ability to manage cabs and presets etc. is such a glaring omission compared to competitive products, that something has to happen soon. I gave up a lot of experimenting in this way (life's too short), in the hope there will be at least the beginnings of some sort of an editor. But a lot of people mention reverbs, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the next thing.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• I've abandoned all cares on if the Kemper gets better reverbs... I actually wish Kemper would do away with ALL built in effects and focus some kind of other improvements with the unit, if any are even possible.

I've decided to get the following:

Strymon Big Sky
    Strymon Timeline
    Strymon Mobius
    Strymon Flint
    Eventide Pitchfactor
    Mission Engineering Re-Wah Pro Wah Pedal

I very HIGHLY doubt Kemper will ever come out with effects that match or better the quality of those.

Even Fractal Audio who is more known for their effects quality than their modeling of amps is not on the same level as Strymon/Eventide.

I think the Kemper should stick to what it does best, which is playing amp profiles.

I would also love a rack that's not so cluttered and ugly/cheap/childish looking.
    Just getting rid of the useless effects in the Kemper would eliminate half the clutter of buttons and silly distracting lights on the front panels and make the menus less confusing and time consuming to navigate.

I'd also like to see a Kemper USA based Forum as well as USA based support from Kemper... I had a much better experience in the Fractal Forum when I owned an AxeFx 2, people there were quicker to help and also gave better information.

Here people try to censor the least little things I write, try to control who I am and my ability to truly express myself, and provide me with very little to zero support for the product that I bought from Kemper. I feel that HALF of this is due to it not being a product made in the USA with USA support, because my experiences in this forum which probably has more NON-American users than Americans just further proves to me how extremely different we are as people and our mindsets in general.

Even in America there are groups of people that I hate and cannot get along with and can hardly communicate with, such as just about anyone that doesn't live in the South Eastern Confederate States, or anyone that's progressive or doesn't like Donald Trump.... some groups of people are just SO different, it almost feels like being on another planet trying to talk with aliens, at least that's my impression of the people behind Kemper and the Kemper Forum.

I'm also a proud member of Stormfront, and that forum much like Kemper has far more NON-Americans than it does people that live here in America, and even though we have things in common, the way they come across is VERY different as opposed to how people in my section of my own country comes across to me.

Even the Kempers owners manual is hard to understand and follow, the Axe FX manual was so much easier to understand. Americans and Germans just are very far apart in SO many many different ways. I'm sure anyone in Europe can probably make more sense of the Kempers owners manual than most Americans. And the Kempers general layout probably makes more sense to Europeans as well, but to me and probably most other Americans, it's design is not intuitive at all. It's way more confusing than it needs to be.

Germans do build good cars though, BMW... so I'm hoping the Kemper has that same build quality, because I doubt Kemper is capable of giving us the kind of support should we ever need it that most of us Americans are accustomed to getting.

• That's a very interesting post. Two nations divided by a common language springs to mind. I've spent enough time with my US colleagues to agree that we are very different culturally. We do share a lot as well of course..

I suppose I have to agree; Kemper does not appear to be 'American' orientated. I consider that a good think but heck I'm not American! If Kemper are not meeting the demands of the American market (and it's important to their growth strategy) then they will have to potentially change or fail. It's a business decision ultimately that is driven by market demands. I feel it prudent to point out that I believe we have lots of US KPA users here, many of whom have helped me technically so plainly some US consumers aren't facing the same challenges you appear to have. I can't comment from a support or supply chain perspective of course.

I've never had any problem with the documentation myself and consider myself a power user given the investment I made in the kit and learning how to use it. There are still nuggets to be unearthed of course.

Your comment on the KPA effects are also interesting. Since I got rid of all of my outboard there are very few times that I've missed any of my old gear. I've never had anyone in the audience comment 'the reverb on that is nowhere near as good as a PCM 80'. That said, nobody ever commented on my reverb/delays when I did have one tbh! I don't think that Kemper will ever be able to replace a significant investment in outboard (and I wouldn't expect it to) although for me the FX do a good enough job that only I (or another gear nut) would know the difference. I'm obviously putting this in the context of a live sound environment and all of the compromises this entails. I've gone from a rack of gear to just the KPA and have never looked back. I wanted a 'one stop shop' and that's what I got. I'd love some better reverb algo's but for me if they never come I won't be changing any time soon; what I have is good enough for me.

I'm have no idea what Kemper's product development strategy and roadmap look like and neither does anyone else outside of the business. If they bring out a product that contains just the 'profile' functionality then I won't be upgrading as it wouldn't meet my (and I suspect a vast proportion of KPA users) requirements.

Just my 10 cents.

Si

• I'm American, too, but from a completely different part of the country than yngwierhoadsvaivaughn (Pacific Northwest for me). The thing about America is that it's basically a nation comprised of immigrants and their descendants-which means that it's kind of a mash-up of every other country in the world. Sure, there is a basic overall American "culture", but it doesn't encompass the entire population. Personally, I find the various non-Americans I encounter online (particularly here) to be interesting and wonderful people.

As far as the Kemper, there is a lot going on in this little box. Plenty that I use regularly, but also quite a few things that I rarely, if ever, even experiment with. That doesn't mean that those things are unnecessary, just that they're not important to me. Just like there are a lot of radio stations in my area that don't appeal to me. I simply don't listen to them, but that doesn't mean that I wish they weren't there.

• because my experiences in this forum which probably has more NON-American users than Americans just further proves to me how extremely different we are as people and our mindsets in general.

I studied and lived in the US for five years and still have many friends there, I don't see any real differences between US-Americans and Europeans.

Nevertheless, you are going off-topic and xenophobic statements like yours are not welcome here.
    Stay on topic and be polite.