What do you think the new update will be

• The next logical opportunity to present something would be at Musicmesse which is next month.

My gut says we're more likely to see a new Kemper than a new firmware at this point. Even the rig packs have died down and they're selling their demo units from the last show.

Given Christophs history he may not even have a new Kemper Profiling Amplifier in mind for his next product but rather some other radically different product (Kemper Drum unit anyone?).

• Considering they are hiring, you might want to consider the possibility that someone left the team and no update is coming until they are replaced. Just saying...

It would be cool to at least see a thread welcoming their new team member. That spot could have been filled already but/and their just not saying anything till the new update is done.

• Quote from nightlight

With any luck, we will get the two big demands of an editor and new reverbs with the next update.

That would rate up there like awesome sauce for me!!!!

Quote from Per

My gut says we're more likely to see a new Kemper than a new firmware at this point.

Not that this is complaining, (I love my KPA) but I would hope that is not the case as I have just purchased a rack version. Maybe those of us who have done this recently will (with proof of purchase) get a discount on the new model (if you are correct)? Might as well dream big if yer gonna dream!!! :D

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Not that this is complaining, (I love my KPA) but I would hope that is not the case as I have just purchased a rack version.

Apart from the fact that it is only speculation, I see no danger for service and further development of the KPA, if Kemper positions itself more broadly on the market with additional stuff.

• Does anyone else think it’s odd that they would sell off demo units ‘before’ Musicmesse?
    I don’t know, Maybe they have lots…
    But my gut says there is a new product on the horizon, not just updates, although that may be the case also.

• Quote from SQUAREHEAD

Does anyone else think it’s odd that they would sell off demo units ‘before’ Musicmesse?

Odd no, but it is interesting in regards to adding speculation of a new Kemper on the horizon.

I do know that Fractal started selling off the Axe FXII XL+ at a discount a couple of months before revealing the "3" model.

And Kemper was discounted IIRC $300 just before I bought mine. All of this may mean nothing.

And then again.... :/

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

• Sure a Kemper 2 is always a possibility. I understand the great things you can do with the Kemper as is, but when you have all these powerful Chips/processors that are capable of running more than one profile where you can profile pedals, preamps, power amps, Speakers and go to town.

I can see a huge appeal for such a product, Add the ability to profile the tone stack and gain Knob and such a product will definitely push the technology further and make the competition look like it's standing still.

Then again such a product might have fierce legal issues from amp manufacturers so maybe the plan is to continue with the Kemper as is.

Edited 2 times, last by Dean_R ().

• I would never complain about a free update, but find it hard to get too worked up about reverb upgrades. Maybe ambient guitarists need it though.

I don't consider myself an ambient guitarist, but I've been selling all of my pedals and people have been asking for my Spring Reverb pedal and that is the ONE I refuse to give up at the moment!

• Not that this is complaining, (I love my KPA) but I would hope that is not the case as I have just purchased a rack version. Maybe those of us who have done this recently will (with proof of purchase) get a discount on the new model (if you are correct)? Might as well dream big if yer gonna dream!!! :D

I just purchased the toaster about a month ago. It wouldn't bother me one bit if they came out with something new today. I love that thing! And I got a nice discount on it (just by asking). While it may not be worth every penny I paid for it to others if/when a new one comes out... it will still be worth every penny to me!

I am looking forward to those new reverbs though. Once they do that I can be pedal-free.

• Yea brobar I see yer point. I cant imagine a Version 2 Kemper sounding noticeably better than Version 1 does. More options yea, but tone wise? I don't see how atm...

• The more I think about this, the more I think a K2 will be released at Musikmesse in Frankfurt in a few weeks ....

-> German release for a German co.
    -> no major FW changes for some time now
    -> very quiet on the forum front from KPA even by Kemper "quiet on the forums" standard
    -> sale of demo units
    -> no changes to core profiling engine but significant functionality hardware / software improvements in a K2
    -> possible K2 profiling improvements to better capture "drive pedals before amps" and "power stage distortion"
    -> I would also expect KPA 1 support to continue for some time, if for no other reason other than the literal '000's of them in studios world wide .... KPA's are in studios everywhere

Either this or there will be a major announcement of some sort at 2018 M/Messe

Of course, I could be %100 wrong too .......:)

Ben

• Quote from benifin

no major FW changes for some time now

Just looking back at my Firmware saves folders...

3.1.4 to 3.2.0 was fairly quick, from Oct 10th 2015 to Nov 13th, 2015.
    But from 3.2.0 to the release of 4.0.1 beta release was April 10th, and the full release was not until Sept 28th, 2016.
    So thats a pretty wide spread from release to release firmware wise.

The last release was Dec 18th, 2017, so going by the above (still pure speculation of course), we are not due for another OS update until May of 2018...

• The thing I'm looking most for at the moment (albeit from a newbie view) is a way to use the Rig Manager to also manage the cabs.

In addition to the cab managing, another great plus for me would be the ability to configure the Performance Banks directly from the Rig Manager. Basically just pre-listening to the sounds in the RM and then plonking them in the approriate slot of a Performance Bank.

• In addition to the cab managing, another great plus for me would be the ability to configure the Performance Banks directly from the Rig Manager. Basically just pre-listening to the sounds in the RM and then plonking them in the approriate slot of a Performance Bank.

I'm pretty sure you can do this already. I do it all the time when I make my Performances.

• Like many said WAAAAYYYY before I did now, Editor and Verbs for the win!!! 8o

BTW, since I somehow missed the time frames involved, "approximately when" may the updates come about?

Edited once, last by spikey ().

• In addition to the cab managing, another great plus for me would be the ability to configure the Performance Banks directly from the Rig Manager. Basically just pre-listening to the sounds in the RM and then plonking them in the approriate slot of a Performance Bank.

You can just drag and drop rigs into Performance Slots in Rig Manager. Click Window-->New to open up another RM window so you can drag and drop between locations.