Powerhead volume very low through Marshall 4 x 12

• Hi, I'm brand new and this is probably an easy fix but I can't find another thread that addresses it. I have the Powerhead version and have hooked it up to my Marshall 1960A cab. I have volume but it is very low, like bedroom level, even when I crank the Master Volume all the way. This will definitely not be load enough for stage volume with my band.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Is the monitor level increasing when you turn up the master volume? You should see level indicators on the display as you raise/lower the volume. The speaker output uses the monitor volume, so make sure you have the output set so that the monitor volume is affected by the master volume knob. I forget the exact setting, but when you are in the Output settings menu, look at the soft buttons that link output volumes together.

• Yes, I have the monitor level turned up and it is linked. Even when I crank the monitor volume and the master volume it is way too low. At 600 watts into 16 OHMS it should blow my crazy loud and it is not.

• When you are in the output setting menu; you will see the various volumes listed onscreen. Turn the knob that gives you more volume out of the cab. Also; there is a power amp boost parameter that you can crank up a bit. The output section is kind of not as straightforward as some might like, imo. Just play with it a bit till you get the results. You should be able to get plenty of volume.

• Maybe we can define what is loud here? I'm running a PowerRack through a 4x12 v30 cab and while it fills the room it never gets really gut-crushing loud either. Something about solid-state amps I guess.

Or do you mean you are able to have a conversation next to the cab even what it's flat out.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• To me, my Katana 100 head sounds louder than the Kemper. If we are being honest. I have no need to get to those volume levels though so I haven't tried to up the ante on the Kemper side at practice. Just no need for it. I could see if you were in a stoner rock band or something where it might be a concern.

• I have it figured out. I have the powered head and I had it running out of the monitor output instead of the speaker output. Really stupid on my part but the manual isn't very clear on this.

Anyway, it works great now.

Thanks

• Hahaha ok. That kind of not loud enough :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I find that the Powerhead through my recto V30 cab is pretty crushing and loud enough to play with the band.. When the other guitar player is using his 100w Marshall, I have a bit of a time keeping up vol/precsence-wise...Trying to get to the point where I don't need to bring my Boogie MKIV with me (SOunds awesome, just LOVE the verstility of infinty amps with the Kemper..) I wonder if I may be chasing the impossible and just accept that it it really almost does it all, very well!

• Make a Direct Amp profile of the Boogie. Done

Funny you mention this.. Yes, duhh...not sure what I'm waiting for (I haven't profiled an amp myself yet, been fortunate enough to have friends who are on tour and hook me up with their profiles..) I just was enjoying some of the other profiles (Marshall, Diezel, etc..) Next thing on my list- profile the MK IV!!

• You probably don't have a powered version, so you need to add a separate power amp.

• Having the same issue. I dont see a speaker output...Main Out put left and right have very low volumes as does the monitor out. Which jack do I use and how to configure?

This is the third time you are raising this issue in this forum. Perhaps I'll find more.

Your serial number indicates a PROFILER Head model. It has no built in power amp and no SPEAKER OUTPUT.