Friedman Butterslax profiles

• I never profiled enough to really learn the in and outs of the Kemper, and one of the issues I remember is whatever Rig you're on when you switch to make the new Profiler, the names, effects, settings, stomps etc., pretty much everything gets transferred to the new Profile. I never spent the time to learn the work around this.

and honestly, it's another +1 for the editor. It's quite the hassle and time consuming to go through and label or re-label everything. I've noticed a lot of profiles will just have most of the info blank. Probably for that very reason.

• hey bro, I just saw this now, actually it’s really easy, all you do is copy and paste the profile and then replace the cabinet with one from Celestion that’s named in profile and A/B the profiles ( toggle back-and-forth ) and they are identical ... pretty simple

• I would argue against this idea that using an IR in a profile is wrong. If it's being processed into a Kemper profile, how is that any more sacred than the amp itself? Too bad for future users, this was a real nice set.

Are you serious? You're not allowed to use commercial IR's in a profile and then post them online. I know you used to sell Kemper profiles. Would it be cool if I took one of your profiles, changed the name, and then shared it here? Think about it.

• Hey man... I got the ReAmp Zone Friedman BE profile. Really good but I can’t find the merge cab button.
    I’ve got the toaster KPA... if you have any idea that would be great man...
    Cheers.

• Are you serious? You're not allowed to use commercial IR's in a profile and then post them online. I know you used to sell Kemper profiles. Would it be cool if I took one of your profiles, changed the name, and then shared it here? Think about it.

Are we talking about the same thing here?
    I assume the player took his amp and went into a TNL type of unit that housed IR...then put that into the Kemper to profile it.
    Is that really much different than amp into cab with a microphone? Based on the outcry here, I guess so?

I thought the original Author's name was baked into the info somewhere as well, unable to change.

• Hey man... I got the ReAmp Zone Friedman BE profile. Really good but I can’t find the merge cab button.
    I’ve got the toaster KPA... if you have any idea that would be great man...
    Cheers.

• Are we talking about the same thing here?I assume the player took his amp and went into a TNL type of unit that housed IR...then put that into the Kemper to profile it.
    Is that really much different than amp into cab with a microphone? Based on the outcry here, I guess so?

I thought the original Author's name was baked into the info somewhere as well, unable to change.

No, more like he made a profile of his amp (either a DI or studio profile) and simply changed the cabinet to one from a commercial IR pack (Ownhammer and Celestion). Look at the cab info in Rig Manager. But whatever...if you guys are cool with sharing commercial profiles and IR's then so be it.

• Are we talking about the same thing here?I assume the player took his amp and went into a TNL type of unit that housed IR...then put that into the Kemper to profile it.

now, please keep in mind that, I really couldn’t care less about any of this, whether someone does this or not has no effect on my life and I really don’t care… I don’t have a dog in the race.
    However, someone coming on and saying, “here are some free profiles, look what I made”! Well, then that person is taking ownership for something that’s really not theirs… That’s the part that’s not right. if you think it’s OK... Great.

• I’m not using “alien” IR’s (I’d never use that), I was talking about studio profiles. We can change and chop cabinets in the profile... or any cabinets in the KPA.
    I found a Mesa Dual Rectifier by MBritt and cabinet (I think a Bogner) from ReAmp Zone. Unbelievable sound.

Oh, I see now, the way many people are doing it is to buy the IR and then reformat that into a Kemper file. That is different than what I thought was happening...not sure why that wasn't clarified or maybe it doesn't matter