Intelligent harmonizer

• +3, +1001 and plus million and fifty nine for Harmonizer 8)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Buy a Boss because the KPA might never get one....the KPA is an amp, not a Multi-FX pedal.

You're kiddin" right?

If you believe you're correct why does the Kemper have all types of effects in it already besides just being an amp ?(

A harmonizer is a time based effect and the Kemper already has these types of effects so your point is mute :thumbup:

• I think Guitartone is probably right here. Apart from the fact he seems pretty well connected in terms of knowing what's coming up... take a listen to some of the vid clips from CK himself - he quite often mentions his vision for the KPA being primarily an amp, rather than a 'bells and whistles' Multi FX do-it-all. There was talk of ramping up the sampling to avoid some aliasing some users have been reporting. The upcoming performance mode will take more memory... then there's the issue raised by r_u_sirius regarding 'constant internal latency' and the problems it appears to have on re-amping. By the time these things are implemented (Fixes + advertised features) I'm not sure how much room would be left...

I'm not saying it wouldn't be good to get some pitch based effects. Hey - I hope you're right - it would stop me having to shell out for something like the Eventide Pitch Factor :thumbup:

I'm just not gonna count on seeing these sort of things from the KPA...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Apart from the fact he seems pretty well connected in terms of knowing what's coming up.

I have absolutely no idea what's coming up.
    I could ask, and I guess they might tell me a thing or two, but out of respect I never ask, I don't want to become a nag...in fact I feel 'odd' referring to CK as 'Christophe', I prefer saying Mr Kemper.

All I'm saying is, if you really need a Harmoniser urgently (doing a New Years Eve gig and you're playing "Hotel California, :) ), then I reckon it's better to buy one instead of waiting for one to be added.
    Also, if you read the 'Feature Requests' section, and see how many requests there are, imagine how long it would take to implement all the requested features.

• I have absolutely no idea what's coming up.
    I could ask, and I guess they might tell me a thing or two, but out of respect I never ask, I don't want to become a nag...in fact I feel 'odd' referring to CK as 'Christophe', I prefer saying Mr Kemper.

All I'm saying is, if you really need a Harmoniser urgently (doing a New Years Eve gig and you're playing "Hotel California, :) ), then I reckon it's better to buy one instead of waiting for one to be added.
    Also, if you read the 'Feature Requests' section, and see how many requests there are, imagine how long it would take to implement all the requested features.

Well, the KPA includes effects, and an intelligent harmonizer isn't exactly rocket science anymore when a Line 6 POD has it. Just my opinion and something that it needs in order to stay competitive. My intent in purchasing a KPA was to use it for recording and also for gigs, and to minimize the amount of extra FX I have to drag along.

I solved it for now by purchasing an Eventide Pitchfactor pedal, which is midi controlled and changes patches/keys with the Kemper. but it would be nice to have it built in.

• I solved it for now by purchasing an Eventide Pitchfactor pedal, which is midi controlled and changes patches/keys with the Kemper. but it would be nice to have it built in.

Pete, are you saying that you can switch rigs via MIDI with the Pitchfactor?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Well, the KPA includes effects, and an intelligent harmonizer isn't exactly rocket science anymore when a Line 6 POD has it. Just my opinion and something that it needs in order to stay competitive. My intent in purchasing a KPA was to use it for recording and also for gigs, and to minimize the amount of extra FX I have to drag along.

Exactly what ive been saying over and over! Good to see Pete also having the same opinion. Since the technology is always there, in time another company will seize the moment and create both exact profiles and the best in multi fx. Im pretty sure the AXE FX 3 will be something along these lines. Everytime ive brought the 'fx' subject up im always attacked by fanboys. Im a composer and musician. Im certainly not a brown noser. christophe has to be more forward in his approach and listen to what his customers want. Again...just to clarify I LOVE my kpa (i own 2 of them now!!) but as a composer, musician and customer I do expect to be heard. Thank God also that this thread once again shows there are enough users who....blah blah ok rant over (again!) :sleeping: :sleeping:

• Pete, are you saying that you can switch rigs via MIDI with the Pitchfactor?

No, but you probably can. Next time I have the whole rig up I'll see if it will. Right now I have this going on:

ground control pro -midi---> Kemper ---midi-->Pitchfactor

So I have certain patches that turn the fx loop on and activate the pitchfactor, and select the right program on the pitchfactor. One of my bands plays several Boston songs and I gotta have that harmony guitar thing going. :)

However the Pitchfactor does have midi out and it is footswitchable, so I bet it would change channels on the Kemper. I'll report back soon on this.

• Would love to be able to simplify the gear by having this feature in the Kemper.. less leads less gear to break etc.

• Any update on whether the pitchfactor can change channels on the kemper?

You might be able to configure it to do that, as it has configurable MIDI send/receive. However, I don't know how that would work and still have the pitch functions involved properly. I'm thinking that the best approach is to control the PitchFactor via the foot controller, in concert with the KPA, to enable/change the PF functions when in the loop of the KPA.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• My Pitchfactor bricked itself when I did a firmware update, so it had to go back to Eventide. This happened in January, I just got it back.

I haven't tested it yet, but using the pitchfactor as a midi controller would suck beyond belief - it would not only limit your ability to change patches easily but then you lose stuff like tap tempo/etc on the pitchfactor. There are only three switches, you would have to set it for patch changes, so you would use the far right for bank, then the left or middle to select one of two within that bank. UGH!

I had mine set up to work with my ground control pro, which sent changes to the kemper on midi channel one, and the Pitchfactor on channel two.

• Appreciate the answers. I will not get one and set it to control kemper. I hope for a harmonizer soon. I'm planning on buying the eventide, but this brick story I've seen all over the net. I'm a little bit cautious now about buying one.