How do I export entire performances to save as backup?

• You can use rm to create a backup , or you can use the kpa.

When using rm, you didnt need a stick. Just click on the drop down menue and choose backup of the rm. This is not a complete backup of your kpa, it' s a backup from rm, but it includes all your rigs and performances.

If you use backup of the kpa put the kpa stick in and you see it on top of the display. Press the soft button and follow the advice to create a backup. Finaly the backup is on your stick.

All is written in the manual....

Cheers
    Frank

• You can just copy the performances via RM from your KPA into a local folder as a backup as well..

Load up Rig Manager, select the performance on the KPA then copy into a local performance folder on your PC..

You should do a regular full backup anyway and store safely.

• What is 'rm' and what is a 'kpa stick'?? What page in the manual? I've read it through and did not see any of this.
    Thankfully there are a bunch of great you tuve videos just not on this topic.

I was able to do some performance back ups over the weekend but not sure if I did it right

Also how do I Export tweaked profiles to save on desk top and flash drive?

Thanks guys, learning a lot here!

• RM = Rig Manager
    KPA stick = Flash Drive

Using Rig Manager if your computer is connected to the profiler will make life a lot simpler. To export your tweaked rigs using RM, just copy them from the Profiler to a folder of your choice in RM. If you saved the tweaked rigs and did a backup to flash drive from the Profiler then they are backed up as well.

• @Zapman thank you very !! I'm one week into this Journey and feel like it's so much easier to use than Fractal!

One more question:
    When I saved my 'performance' it has the same icon as an individual profile........did it save all 5 slots in the performance with their tweaked variations?

• I was just dealing with the same issue:
    How can i transfer my already made performances from one KPA to another...

It works fine with the RM by copy/pasting one performance at a time :thumbup: , unfortunately not all at once :thumbdown:

Transferring performances with a backup data stick does NOT work ;( ... or I didn´t get it... ?(

stay tuned... :thumbup:

• I was just dealing with the same issue:
    How can i transfer my already made performances from one KPA to another...

It works fine with the RM by copy/pasting one performance at a time :thumbup: , unfortunately not all at once :thumbdown:

Transferring performances with a backup data stick does NOT work ;( ... or I didn´t get it... ?(

To transfer performances with a USB stick you need to do a backup of profiler 1 on the stick and restore it on Profiler 2.

• Nope. The firmware is the only thing that’s not part of the backup.

Good to know. I'm actually surprised that firmware is not a roadblock.

Never having two units (not yet anyway...although that could be a way to get dual rigs going hmmm 8o ), I never tried a Restore from my USB stick Backup.

Phil 8)

• If you want to restore a backup from one Profiler on a different one the second one should at least have the same software version installed as the one that you created the backup with.

I´ve updated both my profilers but didn´t do a backup yet.
    I´ll try that and get back to you guys here.

stay tuned... :thumbup:

• Normally, this is straight forward. All data and settings incl. Performances are included in a backup. The only explanation for a mismatch could be, that one Profiler is running an OS revision before 4.x and the other OS revision is more recent. We are at 5.4.1! At that time we migrated the Performances from a file into a database structure. The migration took place at the first upgrade. The old Performance files are kept, while moving forward only the new Performances in the database get edited and maintained. So if you downgrade, you see and work with the old Performances in the backup. As soon as you upgrade again you see and work with the latest Performances in the database.

Individual Performances can also be copied into the local library of Rig Manager, exported from there, shared as files with extension ".kipf", imported into Rig Manager, copied into another Profiler....

• Just do a backup. It contains Everything incl. Performances.

This is what I'm currently doing and well.. it's painfully slow. Really not a good solution.

We have 4 different sets (45min, 1hr, 1.5hr & 2hr) with the songs arranged in order in performance mode, and with each set being saved as an individual COMPLETE kpa backup on a usb (as i need to be able to do this at a venue without a laptop or RM). I have to load the applicable backup before every show. if the set length is different. This takes 10+ minutes for it to load (checks all the rigs, cabinets etc etc etc) and I say a little prayer every time hoping someing doesnt lock up or fail. It seems to work, but damn, is a VERY clunky overkill solution to something that should be quick and easy as it's just a performance sequence/order change... not actually any sound/parameter changes of any patches.

I REALLY wish you could save performance lists/orders and select them in a similar way that you can save and quickly select different "Input" settings when changing guitars.

I have no idea why this isn't already a thing. Would save me about 50mins a week in waiting if lists could be saved and recalled onboard!!