Wireless guitar system

• Hello .
    What about latency of G10 . A little scary ! To many corvertings. A/D .. D/A.. A/D.. D/A and at last DPower amp.
    Thank you

I use a G50 ( the same technology as the G10). I don’t feel any latency. If you are standing a few feet from your speaker cabinet, you are hearing more latency from that distance than you could feel from any A/D/A conversion.

• I am very sensitive to latency, especially when wearing headphones, and the G10 doesn't seem to add any latency, within operable range.

I do feel like the G10 alters the sound of my original signal, or compared to a cable, in the very slightest manner. It's almost like a noise gate, in that it seems to quiet my hi-z SC's. The G10 is pretty great, no complaints.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• I used 2 G30s for quite a while. One for my mag pups, and one for the piezo on the PRS P22.
    They always worked great, and I used rechargeable batteries with no issues.
    After a while I wanted to lighten up the weight of having two G30 transmitters on my guitar strap.
    I now use 2 G10s and love it!

[Blocked Image: https://s5.postimg.org/ysqvmllvb/IMG_20170617_2159021_zpshbxbixe3.jpg]

The G10s don't like the TRS jacks on my P22, so I got a couple of Hosa TS adaptors... problem solved.

• Was using the Line 6 G55 for about 2 years and switched last year to the Shure GLXD14. Gotta say the Shure kills the Line 6 on every count. I had interference issues from time to time with the line 6 and never one yet with the Shure. Also hated the AA batteries in the G55 as opposed to the super cool high power rechargeable for the GLX. A local touring musician friend suggested I look at the Shure after complaining about some of my issues with the G55. They had been using the Shure for some time and raved about it. Well they were 100% right on about the Shure I absolutely love it, best wireless I ever owned.

• It's almost like a noise gate, in that it seems to quiet my hi-z SC's.

My Charvel GG came with the grounding wire from the output to the bridge missing (incredible for such an expensive guitar!), so I had to solder one in myself. In environments where there's a lot of RF interference, it pops and crackles with a cable, but is totally noise free with the G10. Yes, my soldering wasn't that great back then. Must redo it at some point...

• Hmm, so the 2.4GHz are no problem ...?

I had a 2.4GHz system that worked fine until I introduced an in ears transmitter next to it. The range dramatically reduced and the signal started to cut from about 5 meters away. Eventually I solved this by going back to my old Sennheiser analogue guitar system.

Since then I have bought a Line 6 G50, which has a stronger signal and that seems to be working with the in ears. I have not done any open air festivals yet, which is where it will show up most. There are so many wireless signals and phones in that environment.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Hmm, I am still not sure what to buy. On one hand people love the G10, than there are the ones who prefer the G50 and on the other hand people do not recommend the 2.4GHz solutions ... What a mess ... ?(:S
    PS: I definitly will use it next to a wireless IEM system. Are there 2.4GHz IEM systems as well?

• Hmm, I am still not sure what to buy. On one hand people love the G10, than there are the ones who prefer the G50 and on the other hand people do not recommend the 2.4GHz solutions ... What a mess ... ?(:S
    PS: I definitly will use it next to a wireless IEM system. Are there 2.4GHz IEM systems as well?

I use the G50 as well. Before I’ve had the G90.
    Both are great units.
    Just be aware of the fact that the 2.4GHz band is getting fuller and fuller.
    As far as I know there are no 2.4GHz IEM systems.

• Mobile phones stealing so many frequencies started all the trouble. I have no idea which countries my backup system is legal in now (Sennheiser EW100 G2).

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I have to return G10, because I found a problem with my homewifi.

That is the exact issue that drove me to the Shure system I mentioned previously - WiFi at venues and such were becoming a frequent issue. Have had no such issues with over a year of use with the Shure system,