Wireless guitar system

• V8guitar I have been looking at the stageclix as well but it’s pricey and I don’t like the fact that you have to keep your system on to load the transmitter. I often don’t fire the Kemper up between gigs. I’m about to pull the trigger for the smooth hound innovation classic, they are a uk company and the system has great reviews. Check them on google they have direct sales and through amazon.

With Stageclix going out of business it rules it out for me now anyway. Let me know how you get on with the smooth hound!

• DML apparently stageclix they have gone into liquidation!

That's a shame to hear. I've asked Thomann for confirmation. Nontheless, Thomann is still selling Stageclix and if you buy it, Thomann has to maintain a two year warranty. Even if Stageclix is out of business, Thomann has the obligation to continue service. Maybe it's good to order a Stageclix Li-Ion batterypack as well, just in case.

I think the Smooth Hound transmitter is too big......

• I’ve also mailed Stageclix, both sales-e-mail and support-e-mail. The sales-e-mail isn’t used anymore but the support-e-mail is still working, and I’ve had a reply from Stageclix. It said Stageclix will continue, and it’s only a rumour that they’re going out of business.

I’ve also contacted Thomann about this so called rumour, they will investigate it and get back to me asap.

• I’ve also mailed Stageclix, both sales-e-mail and support-e-mail. The sales-e-mail isn’t used anymore but the support-e-mail is still working, and I’ve had a reply from Stageclix. It said Stageclix will continue, and it’s only a rumour that they’re going out of business.

I’ve also contacted Thomann about this so called rumour, they will investigate it and get back to me asap.

The sales email not being used anymore, along with the 'rumours' would personally give me some alarm bells....

• G10 user here for the last year or so. No issues for me. I mount the docking unit on my floor board. I don't usually roam too far from the unit, but i have walked out into an empty auditorium during sound checks to hear the mix and had no problems. That was easily farther than 15 meters without any drop outs. I can't sense any latency at all. I have A/B 'd the unit with a gold tip monster cable and cannot hear any noticeable loss in fidelity. The bug is nice and fits wells in all my guitars (les pauls, strats, teles, godins, jacksons) super easy to swap it out when changing guitars vs using a belt or strap pack unit with a cord. All that for $160, hard not to love it.

• I mount the docking unit on my floor board.

The one consistent complaint I've seen on the G10 is that the USB jack for the power cable becomes flaky and fails. If you have yours mounted to your floor board then I assume it stays plugged in and left alone, thus avoiding wear tear on the power input?

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Yes. It stays wired at all times. the wall wart plugs into the AC plug of my VooDoo lab 2plus. That sits on a Pedaltrain board (secured via velco) which is transported in a road case. I can see where it could break if you are always plugging in / wiring it for every gig. So far, I've had no issues.

• Yes. It stays wired at all times. the wall wart plugs into the AC plug of my . That sits on a Pedaltrain board (secured via velco) which is transported in a road case. I can see where it could break if you are always plugging in / wiring it for every gig. So far, I've had no issues.

Makes sense. I have a few Pedaltrains (and Voodoo power), among them one of the small ones. I had my Shure wireless velcro'd onto the board as well. Even though I won't run pedals now with the Kemper, I'll probably keep the same power / wireless config on a small board both for ease of setup and fewer things to break from fooling with them.

Out of curiosity, if you've got the Voodoo, why do you still use the wall wart for power - is it a non-standard voltage?

• That's exactly what I was thinking, I've replied this to Stageclix as well.

From Thomann:

"We did not hear anything of this, sorry but I can´t tell you if this is wrong or right. Nevertheless Stageclix is state of the art in this kind of wireless sets, there is nothing like this in that quality available from other distributors."

Still no satisfying answer........

• Makes sense. I have a few Pedaltrains (and Voodoo power), among them one of the small ones. I had my Shure wireless velcro'd onto the board as well. Even though I won't run pedals now with the Kemper, I'll probably keep the same power / wireless config on a small board both for ease of setup and fewer things to break from fooling with them.

Out of curiosity, if you've got the Voodoo, why do you still use the wall wart for power - is it a non-standard voltage?

good question. I do not have a cable that will go from the Voodoo to the mini usb to power the G10. I am sure they exist, just never have tried to find one. The other reason is that all my power ports from the Voodoo are being used to power other pedals. I just bought a new, larger pedal train board and flight case (with wheels!) that I will be setting up so I have enough room to mount the Kemper remote. I am trying to set up a pedal board that I can run with my MeBo mark 5/35 analog or any other amp... or use in sync with the Kemper and the Kemper remote. I do a chruch gig that they prefer me to use a tube amp (I am working on them to let me use the KPA- but old attitudes can sometimes die hard). I also do a few travel dates every year that I just take guitars and a pedal board and run thru provided amps. I figure if I set the board up correctly, I could meet any of these requirements and be able to use the Kemper if allowed to do so.

• they prefer me to use a tube amp (I am working on them to let me use the KPA- but old attitudes can sometimes die hard).

Wow. Talk about the tail wagging the dog...

I do not have a cable that will go from the Voodoo to the mini usb to power the G10.

Argh! I'm an idiot. I forgot that the G10 takes USB power (5v). Even if there was a cable, the Voodoos I've seen don't provide that, so your solution makes perfect sense.

• One revelation I do have - I use Li-Ion rechargeables if using AA batteries. They are very expensive and hard to find but amazing. They are better than regular Ni-Cad because they have no memory effect and hold 1.5v until they die ( Ni-Cad usually around 1.2V and drop immediately, which causes issues with digital equipment)..

hey man my smoothhound classic is on its way. It works with AAA batteries. That looks hard to find in lithium ion rechargeable type. Do you have a link to recommend ? Cheers

• hey man my smoothhound classic is on its way. It works with AAA batteries. That looks hard to find in lithium ion rechargeable type. Do you have a link to recommend ? Cheers

Please, take some time to post a nice review.

I just sold my Line6 Relay G50 (my second one, previous had a G90, overall it's my fourth TPB12 beltpack). Not sure if I'll be back on wireless but the Smooth Hound looks interesting.