Wireless guitar system

• hey man my smoothhound classic is on its way. It works with AAA batteries. That looks hard to find in lithium ion rechargeable type. Do you have a link to recommend ? Cheers

I only found AA Li Ion batteries but they may do AAA.

They are Kentli and I've got 2 sets. Been using them for about 2 years no issue, totally faultless operation. Given I always leave my guitar bug on by accident they have saved me so much money.

They last longer than regular batteries ( duracell) because they hold the voltage right up to the point they die ( this is because each cell is rated at 3v not 1.5 but regulated down to 1.5v). They are a revelation!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/312405300753?chn=ps

• Check the (new) StageClix site!! New site, all kinds of new products, new email address. That would be a lot of fuzz when they're trying to hide their liquidation, wouldn't it?

I really hope they are/remain in business as I like the unit. You gonna take a punt at one??

• Ohhhh let me know how you get on!

What can I say........ it's plug & play. Very easy to use. I like the most that charging is just a matter of pushing the bug into the receiver. No more batteries to worry about. The batterystatus is very well visible on the receiver, I've missed that since I stepped down from the G90 to the G50.

One thing: the receiver is 1U high and has a width of 1/3 19", but there are no rack-accesories. So I will velcro the receiver into my rack and I've ordered a SMA-cable to put the antenna on the front. I will post some pictures next week.

• What can I say........ it's plug & play. Very easy to use. I like the most that charging is just a matter of pushing the bug into the receiver. No more batteries to worry about. The batterystatus is very well visible on the receiver, I've missed that since I stepped down from the G90 to the G50.

One thing: the receiver is 1U high and has a width of 1/3 19", but there are no rack-accesories. So I will velcro the receiver into my rack and I've ordered a SMA-cable to put the antenna on the front. I will post some pictures next week.

Glad you said that because that was one of my queries....is there a rack pack ( which I don't think there is. I'm interested now!!

• Small follow-up. My Stageclix Jack V4 is for sale. I just ordered a brand new V3! The V3 receiver has a smaller footprint (not 1/3 19") and will fit on my "floorboard" perfectly. So it isn't necesarry to put my rack next to me anymore.

• Small follow-up. My Stageclix Jack V4 is for sale. I just ordered a brand new V3! The V3 receiver has a smaller footprint (not 1/3 19") and will fit on my "floorboard" perfectly. So it isn't necesarry to put my rack next to me anymore.

Just to let you know, line 6 have upgraded their G10 to the G10s which looks better. Boss have the WL-50...

Also sennheiser have launched a guitar bug version ( annouced at NAMM)...

• Boss have the WL-50...

I'm using it, and I'll just copy paste everything I've wrote about it from another thread with some additions)

• Could not detect any noticeable latency
    • It's multichannel (scans for free frequencies automatically, when you plug in transmitter into the receiver)
    • Transmitter holds it's charge close to declared in specs 12 hours
    • Receiver has 1/4" input, so you can play guitar through cable, while charging the transmitter
    • Has stable signal when used with power supply
    • If using receiver with batteries that start dying, you may have some minor dropouts if radio signal is obstructed. But I've didn't have any dropouts when using it with power supply.
    • Comes with no power supply in the the box. But if you buy it to fit it on your pedal board, you don't really need it, because WL-50 has standard 9V power input
    • Fits nice with pedalboards: again, has 9V power input and also has clean profile, when transmitter is plugged into the receiver, so nothing sticks out, if you want to put your pedalboard in a case or a bag. It also it detects that it is plugged into receiver and uses almost no power

And also I've just looked at G10s, and it's a direct competitor to WL-50. Both are pedalboard oriented. Both are multichannel: G10s – 11 channels; WL-50 – 14 channels. G10s has twice as much range as WL-50, but WL-50 can hold up for 4 hours longer (according to specs, at least :) ). Both have cable length simulation. G10s has additional output, WL-50 has additional input.

So if anyone looking for a wireless unit for pedalboard, consider these first)

• I'm using it, and I'll just copy paste everything I've wrote about it from another thread with some additions)

• Could not detect any noticeable latency
    • It's multichannel (scans for free frequencies automatically, when you plug in transmitter into the receiver)
    • Transmitter holds it's charge close to declared in specs 12 hours
    • Receiver has 1/4" input, so you can play guitar through cable, while charging the transmitter
    • Has stable signal when used with power supply
    • If using receiver with batteries that start dying, you may have some minor dropouts if radio signal is obstructed. But I've didn't have any dropouts when using it with power supply.
    • Comes with no power supply in the the box. But if you buy it to fit it on your pedal board, you don't really need it, because WL-50 has standard 9V power input
    • Fits nice with pedalboards: again, has 9V power input and also has clean profile, when transmitter is plugged into the receiver, so nothing sticks out, if you want to put your pedalboard in a case or a bag. It also it detects that it is plugged into receiver and uses almost no power

And also I've just looked at G10s, and it's a direct competitor to WL-50. Both are pedalboard oriented. Both are multichannel: G10s – 11 channels; WL-50 – 14 channels. G10s has twice as much range as WL-50, but WL-50 can hold up for 4 hours longer (according to specs, at least :) ). Both have cable length simulation. G10s has additional output, WL-50 has additional input.

So if anyone looking for a wireless unit for pedalboard, consider these first)

Thats really useful info.... becuase I want the guitar bug type, these are of interest - just wish I could get a rack version...but mounting a pedal board version in my rack should be OK. I do worry about range though as I like to go a wandering!

• I haven't had time to write a full review of the smooth hound classic here but after 2 months of use I have to say it is working flawlessly, sonic difference is perceptible, a little more trebly than cable but it's easy to accomodate. no dropouts, works far from receiver, design is very nice, i have stuck the receiver on the back of my KPA and the bug stays with my guitar in the case. holds >20 hrs on 2 AA batteries. highly recommended, especially at that price

I will post pics when I will have some time

• I haven't had time to write a full review of the smooth hound classic here but after 2 months of use I have to say it is working flawlessly, sonic difference is perceptible, a little more trebly than cable but it's easy to accomodate. no dropouts, works far from receiver, design is very nice, i have stuck the receiver on the back of my KPA and the bug stays with my guitar in the case. holds >20 hrs on 2 AA batteries. highly recommended, especially at that price

I will post pics when I will have some time

Dude, get the Li-ion AA batteries, they will save you a fortune!