Wet/Dry/Wet setup with odd results...

• Hey All,

I have setup the KPA to work in W/D/W with my line 6 firehawk 1500, at least i believe i have! Il first explain how i have it setup as im not 100% its correct.

I have the direct out on the back of the KPA going in to the guitar in on the FH and have turned off all the processing on the FH, so its not coloring the tone what so ever, I have also turned off the global EQ settings on the FH which i am assuming is how you get it to run FRFR?

I then have the two main outs (L+R) on the KPA going to the monitor in's (L+R) on the F.

In the KPA output menu i have set it up so the direct out is set to "stack" and the main outs are set to Delay/Reverb.

The FH works in some weird ways and dependent on what you have plugged in to the inputs it will turn on different speakers. And through the app for the FH for this config i have to turn the guitar output level all the way down to zero or it sounds really weak like the only output is the FX and not the stack? the problem is i cant tell which speakers are or aren't working as they are in such close proximity to each other, that's not to say it doesn't sound good!

I have not tested many profiles like this as i tried it with one of the TopJimi EVH profiles more specifically the first 1984 profile and it sounds good but i don't know if its running W/D/W as its sounds good regardless! If i switch to any other profile it sounds awful!

i know my explanation isnt the most technical or concise but if any one has any advice whatsoever it would be much appreciated! and if you need any more info just ask!

• I don't know this amp, but can give you some general direction. For one you'd want the direct output to have "mod mono" - not stack. Or you'll miss any modulation happening post-stack.

Besides that I would experiment with turning on only one output at a time. So start with only turning up the monitor output volume (in the output settings) and check that you are indeed only getting Delay/Reverb Wet from the FH. Then turn monitor off and try the direct output solo'ed as well.

Should give you a good indication of what comes where.

Nikolaj

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Thanks @musicmad!

i have tried a bunch of stuff but my issue it seems is with the line 6, depending what you have plugged into the various inputs changes what speakers are turned on! the line 6 works in weird ways!

Does anyone else use the line 6 FH 1500 on this forum? i you do please chime in as to what the hell this thing is doing!

• Please leave all your intended inputs attached and use volume of the various outputs in the Kemper output menu to turn them down one by one and see what you get.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM