Motor City Mods Matthew Figurski Profiles

• Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    I just wanted to give a honest and genuine shout out to Matthew and his profiles. Particularly the BE-100 and Mr. Boga.
    I've had my KPA for about 8 months now and have dug deep into it and figured out what works for me as far as Input/output settings and all the other nuances of the Beast.
    With that being said, I did some knee jerk purchases expecting my gear to sound like what was on the videos i watched and was satisfied...... until i tried Matts profiles. I became a believer of just what this machine was capable of! TRUTH!!
    I got the 5150 pack first. Now listent to this...He honestly admitted that that profile pack was not his best work and gave me the Mr. Boga pack to check out. How honest is that? Integrity and honesty, that sold me on him as a person.
    The Boga pack is all the metal you or I can ask for! no bulls%#t. Love it!
    Then... I got the BE-100. This one goes from classic rock to modern metal in 2 seconds flat! I play in a Metallica Tribute and the pack delivers everything I need for this. My bandmates couldn't believe the thickness and tight punch that my Kemper was putting out in rehearsal two nights ago. My tone from this pack is so inspirational that I have played my guitar more than i usually do for the last month that I have in a long time. Blues to Metal is no problem. And the volume knob sensitivity is pretty badass too.
    The guy is very responsive when you buzz him.
    Cant recommend these profiles enough! Give em a shot, you wont be dissapointed, I wasn't!
    http://www.mattfig.com

• Just throwing my two cents in here: I have purchased the Rock Pack and BE100 pack from Motor City Mods and I've had a chance to try out the new Best Sellers Pack - and these profiles, to my ears, have the best amp to speaker/cab vibe of any 3rd party profiler. The Vishnu, Acey30 and Camerock 2 profiles are rich and smooth with all kinds of character and worth the price of admission - but make sure you turn down (or off) the Pure Cab setting with all of the Motor City Profiles. With zero tweaking, the sounds of these mic'd cabs are gorgeous and ridiculously convincing.

If you don't already have the BE100 pack, it's a stand out. I have a few other 3rd party Friedman profiles and these are top tier. Great stuff, Matt!

• I've been checking out some of Matt's newer profile packs. It is no secret that Matt made a big step up with his profiling techique and gear with the BE 100 pack last year and pretty much all the packs since then (including his JMPee and Vox AC30 sets) use a range of mostly 4x12 cabs with most of the sought after drivers (V30, Lynchback, Alnico Blue, Creamback, Greenback etc). These are profiled with stepwise gradations of gain and, notably, a pretty comprehensive coverage of the low and mid gain areas which are often a little neglected by the more metal oriented profilers.

Many of Matt's profile sets are from his own preamp modules for the 100 watt Randall MTS modular amp head.

The Vishnu set covers a range of 80s Marshall style tones from the Brahma (hotrod plexi) and JCM 800 channels. This preamp allows for these two channels to be combined and there is a set of profiles of the combined channel tones at all the gain levels included. A set of direct profiles of all channels and gain levels is included making 60 plus profiles in all.

I mainly use a Les Paul or a Strat for these sorts of sounds and found plenty of profiles that worked for me across the gain range on both neck and bridge pickups. The clean and lower gain profiles made finding great blues and classic rock tones easy.

The Camerock 2.0 set is from another of his preamp modules - this time a hardware emulation of the Cameron CCV. This set - which was redone in Feb this year nails the tone of these amps - I compared them with some pretty impressive CCV profiles have been shared on the forum/RE over the last year or so but here in this set the full gain range is covered with a range of drivers - in a Bogner 4x12. These worked a treat for me with single coils and humbucker with thick powerful tones on tap in the mid to high gain range. Drivers used include the Greenback, Lynchback, Classic Lead 80, Alnico Blue, V30 and Greenback.

This set made a great match for my maple neck strat - really made me want to keep playing,

While I'm on the modules, Let me put in a word for the Loneclean set which I've been using for 12 months or more by now. This module recreates the Mesa Lonestar clean channel sound. This is one of my favourite clean amp tones - up there with the best like the Freidman clean channel (BE, Buxom Betty) and classic Fender clean tones. Andy Timmons has used the Lone Star Classic clean sound with single coils in a lot of his music - check him out on youtube.

The Loneclean module is far from a one trick pony - it has several modes/voicings (Texas/warm/Tweed etc) which can be switched in - and was profiled with the usual range of cabs: CL 80s, Lynchbacks. V30s and Alnico Blues. I get great tones with P90s and Strat single coils and warm modern jazzy tones with humbuckers - a nice amp for PRS players too.