Do I need the Remote? Can the Remote even switch profiles?

• Do I need the Remote? Can the Remote even switch profiles?

The remote looks so confusing, I have watched a couple tutorial videos on it, and I am still lost.

I don't use any Stomps or Effects in the Kemper, so any switching capabilities of those parameters are totally worthless to me.

Here's what I'm wondering...

Is there a way to assign my profiles in the rig manager to the buttons on the remote???
    This is really the only thing I'd like to be able to do with the remote.

Also here's another question... What's the difference between Browser and Perform on the Kemper? I only play in Browser mode.... why would I ever want or need to play in Perform mode?

Is there a better option than the Remote for people that are only interested in switching between profiles and recalling favorite profiles?

Do I have to have my profile saved in the Kemper to use the remote, or can I use the remote to switch among my profiles stored in rig manager?

I'm just starting to feel like I have probably wasted about $450 on the remote.

Of course when I bought it, I didn't realize all the Stomps and Effects were gonna suck so much that I'd never use them.

What would yall reccomend? a Mastermind or something? Or would that even work? Or is there something better?

• The remote works beautifully for me live.
    I have 8 banks of 5 profiles that cover everything I need for my band.
    You can mix and match any profile to any button across 125 banks.
    Love it!

• Of course when I bought it, I didn't realize all the Stomps and Effects were gonna suck so much that I'd never use them.

It took me a while to warm up to the effects in the KPA, but once I finally dug in and began learning how to use the parameters to get what I wanted I really started liking them. For about a year I ran two Eventide H9s with my KPA because I didn't think I could get by without them. Now I run just the internal effects and am quite satisfied with the results. A few things the Eventides can do better (particularly the harmonizer algorithms), but the convenience of having everything in the box offsets that for me.

• The remote works beautifully for me live.
    I have 8 banks of 5 profiles that cover everything I need for my band.
    You can mix and match any profile to any button across 125 banks.
    Love it!

Can you post a link to a video or tutorial that ckearly and simply demonstrates how to do that?

Yeah I don't need a lot, I just want to be able to switch from Clean profile to Crunch profile to Lead profile.

I don't understand how to assign profiles to the switches on the remote.

• It took me a while to warm up to the effects in the KPA, but once I finally dug in and began learning how to use the parameters to get what I wanted I really started liking them. For about a year I ran two Eventide H9s with my KPA because I didn't think I could get by without them. Now I run just the internal effects and am quite satisfied with the results. A few things the Eventides can do better (particularly the harmonizer algorithms), but the convenience of having everything in the box offsets that for me.

I watched a video of a guy on youtube that also sold his 3 big Strymon pedals and now only uses the Kemper for everything.

I just don't want to feel like I am compromising.

I mostly just record, which is why I have had this Kemper all this time and really haven't gotten around to trying to use the remote, but I paid a lot for the remote and would like to be able to use it to switch between profiles.

Also, the other poster mentioned "banks".... what are banks used for, how and why? in relation to accessing profiles via the remote.

• Can you post a link to a video or tutorial that ckearly and simply demonstrates how to do that?
    Yeah I don't need a lot, I just want to be able to switch from Clean profile to Crunch profile to Lead profile.

If you want to do it via the Kemper itself, watch this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I use Rig manager hooked up to the Kemper and drag/drop rigs into performances/banks that way.

• Performance mode is the nectar of the the Gods my man ;)

While performance mode is generally most useful for live performances (thus the name), I would use it if all I did was noodle at home.

Performance mode is a method of putting your rigs into an organized set of banks. When in performance mode, the bank name is the name of the performance on the screen (you name them yourself). Each rig placed into a performance becomes a new rig. Any changes you make to that slot in the performance will only effect that performance slot (not anywhere else you use that rig).

An example of my usage is as follows:

For a given song (or type of song), I put clean rigs on the left and heavy rigs on the right. Every performance I have is setup this way so I can be assured that the far left rig will be a clean one and the far right rig will be a heavy one.

I also use performances to put the same rig into many slots, and then tweak the rig in each slot and A/B them to each other to see which one sounds best for a given usage. After I have the "golden" slot, I copy it and paste it into a real performance.

Performances are also useful for doing multiple sounds within a single song. For a song like "Kryptonite", you might have a nice clean on one slot, a crunch on the second slot, then a lead tone on the 3rd slot. You could name the performance "Kryptonite" and know exactly what you had in that set of rigs.

• Can you post a link to a video or tutorial that ckearly and simply demonstrates how to do that?

You might see complexity where there is none. You might miss an explanation of how to assign Profiles to the buttons of the Remote, because that isn't required. The Remote is just a remote control to load the sounds in the Profiler. Performance Mode is the perfect place to organize the sounds you want to use. The five Rig Buttons of the Remote correspond to the five Slots of a Performance and the Up/Down Buttons step/scroll through the 125 Performances. It's plug and play.

If you own a Remote already, why don't you simply connect it to your Profiler. Switch the Profiler into Performance Mode. The Profiler comes with a few example Performances. Without any programming you can immediately check out how it works.

• I don't like the static button assignments. That and the price. I got one in a package deal, but offed it really quickly because of those two factors. Of course; I wasn't a fan of performance mode the first time around so who knows :D

• I don't like the static button assignments. That and the price. I got one in a package deal, but offed it really quickly because of those two factors. Of course; I wasn't a fan of performance mode the first time around so who knows :D

I've had my KPA for almost three years, and just recently finally picked up a Kemper Remote (it seemed that every time I was ready to order one they were out of stock, so after a while I just stopped worrying about it). Until now, I never used Performance Mode. Now, with the Remote, it's all I use.

• After some time using a FCB1010, I changed to use the remote on my board for several gigs.
    And in my opinion, there is nothing better and more comfortable than the remote.
    I always use performance mode and the remote is made for the Kemper.
    That what you realize if you work some hours with this stuff.

• Do you experience this in every Performance or just in one?
    Can you enter Looper Mode and use that same button to initiate recording. Does that work?
    If there is a general issue with that one button, please open a support ticket.

• Too bad! At least you found a work around. Morphing could not be initiated with Rig Up/Rig Down. However you could assign Morphing - if you need it - to Looper, Tuner or Tap Button instead.