Considering a rack mixer

• Happy holidays all

I have a 6u rack case which consists of a power strip, Kemper, a vl3x and a wireless system. All these goodies are plugged into a DXR10.

Now all is sounding pretty good but one thing I find frustrating is the fact the DXR10 controls are on the back and even on a guitar amp stand it is frustrating to find an appropriate mix level without going around the back of the DXR10. Now the Kemper isn't an issue as the master control is at the front so we are good. Mixing the vocals is more awkward as you have to use the DXR10 mixer.

So I was wondering, how do you guys deal with this type of situation. I was thinking of putting a small 1u rack mixer in the case, what do you think?

Thank yo

Mike

• I'd say don't do it, man. I'd take walking around to the back of the DXR anyday versus increasing the wait of a rack over something like this!

• Hey

It may seem lazy but I play in a metal band and a Grunge tribute band which makes walking around the back is fine.

When sitting down to play my acoustic and sing it's a pain trying to get the levels correct. It may be I just need to set the vocals right and then work from there with the guitar or even buy a rack draw for the vl3x so I can slide it out and adjust the output mix.

Weight isn't a high issue but what concerns me is adding another digital device to the signal chain. I will have to check but a small 1u rack mixer shouldn't add much weight as I'm not interested in having any eq just a basic mixer.

Cheers dude

Mike

• Hi guys

That's my concern mate, added colour to the sound.

I have pneumonia at the moment so have not played in a few weeks so I was thinking out loud. I'm thinking of getting a rack tray to slide out the Vl3x so I can access the menu controls as the amp stand is quite low so it's going to be easy to access when sitting down.

I would rather not add a mixer so I think I was bored of not playing and being sick and just wanted to see how other people address the issue.

Hope you both had a great festive period.

Mike