Pod Hd500 as interface for Kemper?

• That's interesting, never heard of anyone doing this but probably possible?

However, I'm not sure if you'd want to as interfaces these days are pretty great and reasonably priced (depending).

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure its possible but from what I am seeing I would only be able to do mono. I know interfaces are dirt cheap these days so it may not be worth the effort.

• Hi

Having used a lot of Line6 products and attempting to use them as soundcards they are not the best but that does not mean you can't use it as a soundcard and if anything it will make you realise what inputs and outputs you will require before you buy a different device (always buy a little more then you need)

First off the Line6 drivers are not great so Google ASIO4ALL and download these drivers. If the Line6 drivers start to drop out or have issues these generic ASIO drivers are very stable.

Next all you should need to do is attach the HD 500 to your PC via USB and select it in what ever sequencer software you are using. If you currently do not have any recording software try Reaper, apart from being very good it's largely free (or was the last time I used it.

You are now ready to record.

Now you need to connect the Kemper to the HD 500 but from what I can see you only have the Aux input and effects return as inputs (you cannot plug anything into the guitar in as it's not a line level input). Now I have not used the HD 500 but if you can plug into the effects return and create a block in the HD 500 it should output though the USB to your recording software. If that does not work try the Aux with a stereo cable.

That's what I would try to start with.

Be aware this is not an idea solution. If you plan on getting into recording buy the best soundcard you can afford as you are not only investing in the soundcard you are investing in the quality of the drivers they release, the quality of the AD/DA convertor, the preamp for microphones etc.

My advice would be to sell the HD 500 and then use that money to buy a new soundcard. If you want recommendations I'm sure we can all chip in if we understand your needs.

Good luck

Mike

• Crimson

If you don't mind the higher latency they can be quite good. What you will find is a lot of tracks and VSTs and you will suddenly start to get drop outs. You will only stop that by bringing the latency up then you will find it hard to deal with the time it takes to hit the strings and hearing the sound.

They may have improved as it has been a while since I used one mate.

What sequencer are you using?

Mike