Gary moore 80s tone on kemper?

• Hey ,
    Has there anybody a suggestion for a profile that sounds like gary moore in the 80s or tips ..

I reall like the tone with his charvel during his late 80s shows.
    for example = (8:26)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Seems like a common 80s tone in those days?

I also like the lickbrary tone from GARY MOORE THE SOLOS .

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wonder what he used for his tone.

• I don't remember which one I used, but look for Carvin Legacy in Rig Exchange. It was damn close to his tone, and I've used it on Still Got the Blues and The Loner..

Absolutely agree! I love the "Carvin Legacy 3 Red GB" profile the best. It sounds just like the Still Got the Blues tone with my LP selector in the rhythm position for the main solos and in the treble position for the fill licks!

• Absolutely agree! I love the "Carvin Legacy 3 Red GB" profile the best. It sounds just like the Still Got the Blues tone with my LP selector in the rhythm position for the main solos and in the treble position for the fill licks!

But OP was looking for his 80's hard rock strat tone, not the 90's blues era tone. Moore only had a bridge pickup in his Charvel to begin with.

• To op:

Marshall jcm 800, decent reverb and delay, maybe a leadbooster in front of the amp ( tone 5.0, volume+2.0)
    The right cab!

I useAndy's JCM 800 hotrod. His pack was made for strat, gibson and tele. I use it with a cab from tonehmmer/ deadlight studios ( mega boobie 2 x12), or a cab from STL profiles ( Kris Crummett)
    Mojotone G12H-75, it's a cab from his friedman BE100 profiles from the Kris Crummett pack.

Ready to rock

• thx for the reply's i am indeed searching for his loner / military man tone from the 80s obtained with his charvel.

could someone tell me also what delay setting i would use . seems he uses long delay times or is this obtained by tapping your delay pedal off at the end?

• thx for the reply's i am indeed searching for his loner / military man tone from the 80s obtained with his charvel.

could someone tell me also what delay setting i would use . seems he uses long delay times or is this obtained by tapping your delay pedal off at the end?

You have pm

• Maybe not helpful to reach his tone - but very interesting :) Thank you
    He had really a special feeling in his hands.

I agree. Much of the tonality is in your hands. Gary Moore is one of a kind just like so many others are. Check out all the Gregor Hilden's youtube clips for example. All his guitars sound very much alike. Same thing goes for Robben Ford. Have experienced enough times that the same guitar in my hands sounds totally different than in the hands of the owner. I've seen guitar players come very close in reproducing a tone. Not only using the same amps and guitar but also the same strings and the same pick too and hitting the strings at a particular position. But you have to give up our own natural way to play and express. I find that very hard to do and therefore I find copying a tone very hard. Too hard for me, to be honest. I can admire it when someone succeeds in that.

• It is an incentive to orientate oneself towards the big ones. However, one should realistically assess the feasibility . :)

I love playing the guitar and I am thankful that I can still play it in public.
    However, my life had a different focus and my talent wasn't enough for great things.

• always loved Gary's playing..

always loved Gary's playing..

• Andy‘s JCM 800 Hotmod is also my first choice for this kind of music!