"It absolutely slays.

All the guitar parts on the new Accept and Testament albums have both
    been done exclusively using the Kemper for guitar tracking and I've been
    priveleged enough to be in Andy Sneap's studio whilst some of the
    guitar tracking was being done. You honestly just cannot tell the
    difference between the original tube amp/cab/mic setup and the profiled
    version"

• Two things of note here.
    First is its great to see bands who can pretty much use any gear they like using the KPA to track with. And by this Im not just talking about tracking, not just scratch tracks or using the KPA for effects only.
    Secondly its amazing how quickly word of this is travelling. Nrither Accept nor Testament could have tracked entire albums in just a couple of days.
    The floodgates are opening......

• Two things of note here.
    First is its great to see bands who can pretty much use any gear they like using the KPA to track with. And by this Im not just talking about tracking, not just scratch tracks or using the KPA for effects only.
    Secondly its amazing how quickly word of this is travelling. Nrither Accept nor Testament could have tracked entire albums in just a couple of days.
    The floodgates are opening......

I dont think that they even tracked with the KPA. As long as the producer recorded some DI Tracks, you can use the KPA afterwards to reamp. This is one of the coolest features.

• Hi guys, I just thought I'd chime in here.

Testament wasn't done with the Kemper, we used a Fender 5150 with matching cab. All the guitars for this were tracked in August last year (in the UK). I did however know that I would be needing to reamp later in the year on certain sections as we ended up tracking in the US, so I left Eric's rig set up in the UK. Once I got the Kemper I profiled the sound and reamped the couple of sections with the Kemper. Sounds amazing, you cannot tell the difference.
    This profile is available for huge sums of money, PM me and I will send you the bank transfer details.

It was actually Wolf from Accept that turned me onto the Kemper, I think he'd seen it at an amp show in Nashville or been told to check it out . We spent alot of time at his place in Nashville profiling rigs that he's used throughout his career, old modded marshalls, Wizard, Splawn, Fender etc and got some great results. The biggest advantage for me in the studio with this is how flexible it allows you to be. Want to track clean....click, redo the rhythm on bar 28 on song 5....click. Also just being creative with tones and layering, its at your finger tips rather than having to set it up every time. Its a lazy producers dream :) (that'll be me then!)

Again, the kemper was used in parts on the record as we were still in the thick of things when we got hold of it.

Have any of you guys dared use one live yet? I've had it freeze on me a couple of times which is fine in the studio but obviously not in a live situation.

All the best
    Andy

• Hey, Andy! I've used mine in rehearsal and it's hitting the stage next week, hopefully - I haven't had any strange "freezing" or noise related bugs at all outside of well documented immediate post-profiling things (which are hardly its activities in the middle of a gig). As it is, in simple preset mapping with the odd CC mapping here and there, no niggles whatsoever so far.

On a completely unrelated note, the Metal Machines library you did for EZ Drummer is my new best friend when writing music, so thanks for that, definitely! :)

• Hi Andy, thanks for chiming in and for reporting your experience. Quite a number of people here (including myself) have been using it live as well (no big stuffs, AFAIK). AndyI (aka Andy Innes, Johnny Clegg band) is planning to use it for his tournee (though I don't know whether the decision is still pending...)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Wow! Nice to have a metalgenius with us! 8o

This profile is available for huge sums of money, PM me and I will send you the bank transfer details.

Can have mine for free, now it's your turn :P

Have any of you guys dared use one live yet? I've had it freeze on me a couple of times which is fine in the studio but obviously not in a live situation.

Here are some threads about this:
    vhttp://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…&highlight=live#post15846
    http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…page=Thread&threadID=3882
    http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…page=Thread&threadID=3832

Would love to hear what you guys think about the user profiles? Checked out some or to busy?

• Totally blown away by the Kemper too even though the bugger froze on me this morning. I guess the bugs will get ironed out as we go along.

Had a great time profiling some great amps with Andy.

I've heard "game changer" mentioned a lot about the Kemper, I reckon that's an understatement.

:thumbup:

• Is this real ? It seems impossible to contact Andy about purchasing the profile, I get "Access denied. You’re not authorized to view this page."

• Since that was in 2012, wonder if they're still using Kemper...

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love: