problem downloading update 2.1

• I attempted to download update 2.1. I downloaded to the computer (not a mac) then moved it to my zip drive. This is the same zip I used for initial setup etc. It is used for nothing but Kemper stuff. I plug the zip into the Kemper and nothing comes up as what to do next. Did I need to do something else on the computer or the Kemper itself. Not the sharpest computer person going, so not quite sure if I'm missing something ! Just thought it would be good to finally update and check out the all the new rigs that come with the update. Beginning to wonder if I should just forget about it and just be happy with what is working right now.

Thanks Mr Giggles ?(

• Hello

Thanks for the help Yes it is Rig Manager. I installed it when I first got the unit. There isn't anything in it right now, I assume because I moved it all to a Zip and then put it into the Kemper.

I have the Zipped File for 2.1, but I can't get it into the Rig Manager. Again, not a computer wiz by any means. I've tried sending / dragging / copying and can't figure it out.

When I first got the Kemper, I had no problems. I use it daily, got 100 or so Rigs etc.....So not sure what the / my problem is this time.

Continued help / advice is welcome !

Mr Giggles

• Hey

I think the confusion is you installing it on the Kemper. Rig Manager is not firmware but a manager for the rigs.

You need to install 2.1 on your PC.

Download Rig Manager 2.1

Double click the zip file to open it up

Double click the 64bit version if you are on a 64bit system (most are and it won't install if you are not) or the 32bit version if you have a 32bit operating system.

This should start the installation process on your PC NOT on your Kemper

To confirm it has worked open up Rig Manager on your PC, on the top menu select Help and then About (from memory) and you should get a pop up box saying it's version 2.1

Does that help

Mike

• Hello Mike

I just checked it, as you advised and the Pop Up Box said: VERSION: V2.1.26.13232 So I assume it is downloaded correctly ?

Now when I've watched some video's on this............they say.....when you open the Rig Manager you will see all the FREE Rigs......from Britt and others that are included in this update. Mine is empty.

Again, am I misunderstanding something !

MR Giggles

• Hi

Yes it looks like it's now installed properly.

When you launch Rig Manager you need to make sure the computer is online. You will then receive a pop up box to sign in, once you sign in it will start to download the rigs.

This is also from memory as my PC is offline and I don't use the free rigs.

Hope that helps

Mike

• Hello Mike

I found the Log In and did that and I clicked on Rig Exchange as well. So now I have a whole bunch of Rigs from Britt / Amp Factory etc.......plus
    like 11,000 from Rig Exchange......didn't expect that !

So I assume then in order to listen to any or all, I have to get them on my ZIP and then onto the Kemper....correct .........or.........
    Is there a way to listen to any of these just on my computer?

Do I need to pick one Rig at a time or say The Britt or Amp Factory pack at one time ? Do I just click and drag them to the ZIP ?

Let me know when you or anyone gets a chance !!

Thanks again for all the help !

Mr Giggles

• With your KPA connected to your computer/Rig Manager, you can audition a Rig by double clicking on the Rig in Rig Manager. It is temporarily loaded into your KPA, so you can hear it. You can save the Rig to your KPA if you like it.

Another way to listen to Rigs/load the. Into your KPA from Rig Manager is to Drag and Drop the Rig name into the “My Profiler” folds in Rig Manager. Doing this puts a copy of the the Rig(s) into your KPA.

• Hello

Thanks PAULTZ for those tips, that is definitely better than downloading a whole bunch of them....then having to delete all the ones you don't want to keep !

Anybody with any additional thoughts, please feel free !

Thanks to everyone that has helped me so far !

Mr Giggles

• Hi Mr Giggles. When you want to try various rigs in RM you only have to hit ENTER once at a chosen rig. From there you can use the up and down arrows on your keyboard to listen to others, and save them like Paults wrote.

• Hello The Player

Thanks that is another nice time saving tip !

I'm going to head down stairs after supper and try these suggestions and try to audition some new rigs and see what happens !

Thanks again everyone for your input !

Mr. Giggles

• Just to be clear, you haven't downloaded 11,000 rigs, it is just reading them from on line. This will continue to change over time but its not using up sapce on your PC or KPA until you copy any of them..

Have fun...