How to connect the Kepmper WITH a Marshal JVM410H

• Hi,

I´m new to Kemper and want to use it it two ways:

INPUT - (KEMPER NOISE GATE) - CRYBABY - IBANEZ BOOST -> MARSHALL JVM410H DIST - 1960AV
    and also
    INPUT - KEMPER RIGS - MARSHALL JVM410H EFFECT AMP - 1960AV

Can somebody please suggest how to connect it so I can in use in some songs the Kemper sound and in some songs the Marshall Tube amp sound?

When you are not having a POWERAMP in the Kemper how are you connecting it to your head amplifier? (Normally to input or to the RETURN POWER AMP) ?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Mark

Gibson LP True Historic '59
    Musicman Axis
    Fender Stratocaster HSS Elite

Marshall JVM410H
    Marshall 1960AV
    Kemper Profiler Head

• Not sure how well this would work without trying it, but I'm thinking your best bet would be to put the Marshall's preamp in the FX loop of the Kemper.

So in theory it would look something like:

Guitar>Kemper input>Kemper FX loop send>Marshall input>Marshall FX send>Kemper FX loop return>Kemper output>Marshall FX loop return.

I don't know how it would sound, but in theory, this would allow you to switch the Marshall's preamp in and out. When the Marshall is in, you would turn the Kemper amp stack off.

• Thanks for reply.

Ok, I´ll try that.

I can see that at the end you are connecting the kemper out to the Marshall FX loop return and not to the PRE POWER AMP?

Best Regards,

Mark

Musicman Axis

Marshall JVM410H
    Marshall 1960AV
    Kemper Profiler Head

• Marky, welcome!!
    … Are you just trying to use the kemper through a cabinet?
    If this is the case, you will want to plug your guitar into the kemper, then monitor out of Kemper to the return of the Marshall, then speaker output from Marshall to cabinet…
    If you try this, start with all of your volumes very very low as I don’t know how the Marshall loop is set up, you might have to use your master volume on the Marshall or loop return volume, but very slowly, gradually bring volumes up to see which will work as your master volume on the power amplifier (the Marshall… )
    Doing it this way, your EQ / gain on the Marshall will not work as you are just using the power amp section…
    Also, make sure you disable cabinet in kemper
    Keith

• Hi,

Thanks for helping I´ll try this out.

I´m very satisfied today with the Ibanez TS-9 booster pedal "soft sound" in the solo together with the Marshall JVM sound and this is the reason I wanted to keep using both the Marshall and the Kemper.
    What is your opinion is it worth to use the TS9 or is it any expression pedal replacement which is similar?

Best Regards,

Mark

Musicman Axis

Marshall JVM410H
    Marshall 1960AV
    Kemper Profiler Head

• Oh, my brother… I am the wrong one to ask about any boosts in front… I don’t use any, I use just all the gain in the kemper!
    Now, there Are a few different types of profiles, to get the best tone out of what you are trying to do, It would be very beneficial for you to find ‘direct’ profiles, if you are going to consistently run through the marshal power section into a real 4×12 cabinet.
    A direct profile is exactly what it says, a direct feed of the amplifier itself, without speakers or microphone, just the amplifier, so you will find more clarity and tighter tone running it the way you are explaining…
    Have you had a chance to profile your own amplifier? If you need help doing this, let me know

• You could just profile your JVM...there are also loads of commercial Marshall profiles which would cut all of this out...or at least you are just using the power amp in the Marshall (which you could replace with something cheaper and more compact.).

Its hard to move away from a fav amp but once done you'll question why you didn't do it earlier..

Hope you get it to work but I really don't understand why people make these complex chains, more things to go wrong and cart around...

BTW I love Musicman Axis's ( your signature)!