Can't believe this hasn't been discussed: Universal Audio OX box

• Personally, I find the minutiae of whether each amp & cab profile sounds exactly like the real thing of no use in a recording situation, its as much about playability as sound when working at home.

Maybe for you, not for me. Personally, I'm using studio monitors / headphones, and it's about what I hear far more than what I feel. I'd go so far as to say that, for me, feel is fairly irrelevant at this point.

• I have been booted off the Kemper private forums (sold my Kemper(, and I'll tell you this, man. The Kemper is as much about the feels as the sounds. Never tried an OXBox, but I love reactive loads that are well-engineered.

My mixing really sucks. Please listen. I mixed this without many plugins and my mastering is really not too good, but let me ask the usual suspects on these forum to please give it a listen.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

@ashtweth @Monkey_Man @schreckmusic @808illest @Michael_dk @sambrox @Ingolf @Zappledan @Zapman @ckemper

Is that my list of the usual suspects on these forums? Apologies if I left anybody out. Please give the track a listen. And wait till I add vocals and whatnot.

Much much much later. No real incentive to do so, but I love guitar :D

All guitars and bass on the Kemper :)

• cool song man!

Thank you, Ant! I'm a black man making the best white metal that I can! This one is for you, dude!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I promise that the lyrics will have much win! Much violence! Much love! ;)

• I’m on the bus on the way to a gig (my bike is punctured after falling off it and damaging my wrist... just need to get through this one :pinch: ) so I can only listen on my crappy iPhone 7 speakers, but it sounds tight as...! Nice one!
    I’ll give it a proper listen tomorrow through my Nuraphones :thumbup:

• "My mixing really sucks. Please listen" ....You call that a not so good mix? Have you been drinking my beer again AJ?. This sounds great in surround sound brother...more stuff like that please man.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Having owned the Kemper and comparing it to the OX myself, there is one thing that hasn't been discussed, the FEEL & EXPRESSION of the units. I found the Kemper to be lacking in dynamics and low end grunt. Yes, I tried several settings within the Kemper, even mixing in the raw signal and dialing in pick attack, lag etc. [/font][/size]
    [font='Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif']
    By using a real valve amp you bring the characteristics of the design of each amp used - the output tubes and so forth, which as anyone remotely experienced will know is a major part of how it actually plays.

Personally, I find the minutiae of whether each amp & cab profile sounds exactly like the real thing of no use in a recording situation, its as much about playability as sound when working at home.

I must reiterate, I am not here to attack Kemper, I loved my one in a live situation I only wish to share my thoughts on an issue that has plagued me for over 20 years of producing and mixing at home x

I assume that you have never taken profiles of the reference amps you mention?

CK

• Sick, I love it. Nice work here AJ! I'd love to do a track with ya Bro - remix, whatevs! ^^:D

I'm using Protools 12 so as far as stem go I'm not sure, but wav files would be a'ight too! :P

• If you export BWAV format all tracks should position themselves automatically.

I set my DAW to use BWAV (Broadcast WAV format) for all recording many years ago even 'though I haven't recorded a note with it yet, so hopefully the "theory" is correct...

FWIMBW, operating systems see it simply as "WAV", so no loss of "conventional" functionality.

• Consolidate everything to zero and then you wont have to worry about aligning using spot mode - it is then foolproof when transferring between systems/DAWS

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Ive created a video of a comparison between the Universal Audio Ox and the Two Notes Torpedo Studio. Im also a Kemper user but wanted a way to record my actual amps silently without using the Kemper.

Hope it helps

External Content www.youtube.com