5.4.1.13212 Release

• Just saw that OS 5.4.1.13212 was released on December 18th, 2017. I haven't seen it as there was no post in "Announcements from Kemper" this time.

User Interface
    added: third instrument “Acoustic” beside “Guitar” and “Bass”
    changed: Volume Pedal Locations changed to “Input”,“PreStack”,“PostStack”,“Output”

• Another thing worth noting is that this update clears the lock-flag on the volume-pedal. I got bitten by this as a number of my patches suddenly had way too much gain with full volume. I normally play with the volume-pedal locked to the output in the rig-section while many rigs has it assigned to input by default. This setting is not something I change frequently so my brain took a while to make the connection.

• Another thing worth noting is that this update clears the lock-flag on the volume-pedal. I got bitten by this as a number of my patches suddenly had way too much gain with full volume. I normally play with the volume-pedal locked to the output in the rig-section while many rigs has it assigned to input by default. This setting is not something I change frequently so my brain took a while to make the connection.

Volume Pedal Locking, Location and Range are maintained during upgrades and downgrades. I was quite sure, but I also checked it out before making this statement.

• Volume Pedal Locking, Location and Range are maintained during upgrades and downgrades. I was quite sure, but I also checked it out before making this statement.

Ok, I must have messed up then, but I can't figure out how or why. It is very rare that I even enter the rig-menu at all. Maybe 30 years as a software engineer isn't quite enough to handle this box. There are too many changes in behaviour between software releases that I miss despite studying release-notes in much greater detail than I examine release-notes for software I use professionally.

• Ok, I must have messed up then, but I can't figure out how or why. It is very rare that I even enter the rig-menu at all. Maybe 30 years as a software engineer isn't quite enough to handle this box. There are too many changes in behaviour between software releases that I miss despite studying release-notes in much greater detail than I examine release-notes for software I use professionally.

Interesting, I thought the other day I encountered the same Volume Pedal changes as @heldal

• Keep in mind, that locking for Browser Mode and Performance Mode are independent. This applies to Input Section, any Modules or Sections, Tempo, Volume Pedal,... Perhaps you locked Volume Pedal in Browser Mode and checked in Performance Mode or vice verse.

• Keep in mind, that locking for Browser Mode and Performance Mode are independent. This applies to Input Section, any Modules or Sections, Tempo, Volume Pedal,... Perhaps you locked Volume Pedal in Browser Mode and checked in Performance Mode or vice verse.

I was only working in Performance Mode.

I've been aware of that and had made a conscious choice to keep the volume pedal locked to the output for both Browser and Performance-modes. At the time i discovered that the lock had been cleared it had happened for both modes, which IMHO makes it less likely that I messed up myself.

• We don't know and cannot provoke any conditions under which Locks get lost during a normal update regardless if updated via USB flash drive or Rig Manager. Even starting with another OS from USB flash drive doesn't clear Locks. I tried all possible options. There are obviously resets, that could and should have such an effect. Or if you restore another backup Locks are included.

We had some 4.x revisions, which cleared Locks and the so-called edit buffers during updates, but not any 5.x revision.

If you are able to reproduce any issue with current software please let us know!

• We don't know and cannot provoke any conditions under which Locks get lost during a normal update regardless if updated via USB flash drive or Rig Manager. Even starting with another OS from USB flash drive doesn't clear Locks. I tried all possible options. There are obviously resets, that could and should have such an effect. Or if you restore another backup Locks are included.

We had some 4.x revisions, which cleared Locks and the so-called edit buffers during updates, but not any 5.x revision.

If you are able to reproduce any issue with current software please let us know!

Sorry accidentally hit "like" button instead of back to top. Not that it's not a likeable post.

• So my big question is where are all the acoustic rigs ? None provided ? How does one go about making one and what declares it acoustic ?

It's a rig tag - you can now use guitar, bass, or acoustic.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• There still is no "guitar" tag. I hate that the bass rigs come up when I only want to see guitar rigs. There really should be a "guitar tag"

There is a guitar tag within the Rig Manager, just not selectable that way directly on the profiler itself.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer