• I got my Drybell Vibe Machine the other day and WOW, I think my Vibe GAS is fulfilled - for now! That Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe+ is still on my radar but the price doesn't thrill me considering it's nearly half the price of a second used Kemper. 8|

Sold my DD-3 but picked up a mint DD-2 for my current RATM/Audioslave addiction! :evil:

• Or, is one the perfect spare for the other? :)

Edit: They sound about the same!

The red one is only in my house until my brother-in-law can make his way down to retrieve it.

The story:

The burst was at Guitar center on clearance for $1,000...Thats right...1K for an American made Musicman guitar... I was there with my wife after a 3 beer lunch. I spotted these guitars almost instantly. I asked to see the burst, plugged it into some monstrous Friedman amp in the big-boy-expensive-amp-room and played it for about 5 minutes. I finally looked up to my wife slowly shaking her head at me through the glass, to which i quickly countered by slowly nodding mine... Its truly an amazing feeling guitar and the Musicman pickups are impressive. The stainless steel frets are like glass. I made sure I left with it :evil:

So the red one...
    A week after having the burst I visited my brother-in-law. He's a true guitar snob, even at 27. He's a Fender devotee and just recently had his first fret job on his maple necked red Strat. His other guitar is a Les Paul standard. A really nice Tea colored one he spent months finding. Hes old fashioned at a young age. He loves 70's rock. He is of the mindset "If you need single coils get a Strat, if you want humbuckers get a Les Paul." Yes, at 27 he is that 65 year old purist.

Anyhow, I didn't figure he would be impressed, but I knew he would appreciate the craftsmanship. (Keep in mind, he was never really impressed by either of his other guitars, they were tools. He found the ones that enabled him to play how he wanted and bought them.) So he picks up my Stingray somewhat hesitantly and plays some typical Allman Brothers lick. "...huh..." He continues playing for another 5 minutes and looks up at his sister and I with this stressed out look and says " I have to have one of these....I...I want this guitar"

Me: "Well, there is a red one with a maple neck sitting down at Guitar center for $1,100....Wonder if its still there..." At this point he was totally stressed out. The first guitar he has ever lusted after is like 50% off right now, and its his favorite color and preferred neck. Now he is frantically trying to figure out when he would have time to drive down there (He's in his last semester of RN school so hes a pretty busy guy.) . Guitar center was closed so he couldn't even find out if the guitar was still there until the next morning.

I beat him to the punch and called them in the morning and bought the little bastard the guitar... So, it's mine for now until he comes and picks it up.

Mine plays better, though....

• Man, You know how to keep the family feathers flying. Great Guitar story. It's got intrigue do to the price, suspense because you got your women watching two fourteen year olds. You worked your brother in-law into a goddamn Knot and the people around him thinks he's on something. Welcome back Sir! :thumbup:

• Ok, so I want to give "props" to: https://www.pluginboutique.com/ because they are Kickin' ass and takin' names! I suppose technically it's not "Gear", but to me it is because it'll be used for mixing the Kemper, man! :thumbup:

I recently noticed that there was a back to school deal on the Izotope Music Production Suite which usually costs $999. It was on sale for 50% so I thought, I could really use this as I've been using Izotope 6 for quite some time now. I checked out some of the new features and demo's and WOW, fantastic! Started Gassing - bigtime, LOL!

Anyways, when I added it to my cart and went to check out I got dinged for "tax" - like $60 bucks? I thought WTF, so I email Izotope explaining this and mentioned that Plugin Boutique "wasn't charging tax"! They told me to buy it over there because they don't offer deals over competitors/outiside venders pricing. Fair enough, at least they got back to me and now I know. Nothing against Izotope either, makes sense.

My "go-to" is always Plugin Boutique for things like this and when I tried to buy it there was an issue with the transaction so I thought ok, I'll get back to it when I figure out what's up and I'm not so pressed for time! So, I got really busy at work (like 22hr work days for Sat/Sun) and had this in my cart over at Plugin Boutique over the long weekend. I thought the deal would be on till the end of Monday evening. Nope, went purchase it on Monday afternoon and it was full price! ;( Dammit, LOL.

Sooo, I email Plugin Boutique explaining the situation and just thought I'd ask if they'd still hook up the deal figuring there would be no chance. Well, after a few days I get a email back this morning saying, "Sure - use this coupon code"!! =O:pinch::D Expires in 24 hrs!!! Sweeeeet!!! Grabbed it tonight without any issues this time. Cheers, thanks Simon!

Can't wait to remix some albums, tracks and new stuff!!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! 8o8o

• I recently noticed that there was a back to school deal on the Izotope Music Production Suite which usually costs $999. It was on sale for 50% so I thought, I could really use this as I've been using Izotope 6 for quite some time now. I checked out some of the new features and demo's and WOW, fantastic! Started Gassing - bigtime, LOL!

Dammit, Shawn, you could have waited and picked up for 1/3 that amount. ;(:cursing:

I waited 6 months 'cause iZotope didn't offer anything near a decent upgrade price from the Music Production Bundle 2.

In the end I picked it up for $169.99 U$D & no tax.

EDIT:
    My bad. Not as great a rip off as I'd thought as it's an outright purchase in your case and not an upgrade.

• I got ripped off big time by Izotope on an upgrade I did last year, they charge a lot of tax and I swore I would try to avoid their products. Of course, I now really need to get RX6, so I guess I'll have to do business from them again. Really irritating, I don't live in the US or UK, and I'm pretty sure they must not be depositing that tax as a result, since it is not required. Shady business practice, but the software is good.

Oh. And I think I've become some kind of great greedy guts. Actually ashamed of myself. This is coming just as I prepare to splash the cash on a new Kemper hopefully by the end of this week. I should really do something with my life.

It sounds like a monster though, wow. The 4x12 is also so exciting. My first ever, I can finally tell what people say about bottom end and low.mid content. Wow.

[Blocked Image: https://image.ibb.co/ct4cc9/IMG_20180910_155645.jpg]

• I run a therapy practice specifically for Sam Brox's debilitating Guitar GAS™, AJ.

Perhaps I could tweak the programme in order to accommodate your Full-spectrum GAS™, commonly known as FSG™? :D

EDIT:
    She does look like a beauty 'though...

The way I justify the equipment I buy is by telling myself I need it, Nicky. No rehab required :)

I shot a short video testing out the amp at one setting. It’s beautiful, what definition at higher gain. iPad video, so no processing or anything.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can’t wait to shoot some Kemper profiles.