• Mooer GE200 as new live backup for the KPA.
    Small enough to be carried in the guitar gig bag.
    Good enough to save any GIG's I normally play.(in case of Kemper fault.)
    I use it also for quick rehearsal set up and for Jams with friends.

In the Big Band I try this weekend a Gig with the tiny mooer.
    There I need only clean sounds and only one creamy for a short solo.

Last rehearsal convinced me that I can do it.

• I almost sold my Mesa Boogie and an EVH. @ashtweth had good advice. Let's see if I can't get an amp or two more in my collection thus year.

I'd urge you all to do a search for user Arvind Jayaram on the Rig Exchange. Some profiles might work for you, some may not.

Give me your feedback so that I can give the exchange some profiles better than you're used to free. Try my Mefa Boogie Boost for example, or the Christmas Clean.

Please consider any profiles that are too "out there" as just a temporary speed bump... These are two profiles I know will be very pleasing to the ear. Try everything in a mix situation!

Have you guys heard "Turn Blue by Iggy Pop. Some of the Hindu Gods were blue, BTW. ;)

• Got a Ventris Reverb pedal to most likely replace my Strymon Flint...

seams to be a great pedal - will check it out in the next days.

Is there something like the univibe kind of tremmolo from the Flint inside?

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• seams to be a great pedal - will check it out in the next days.
    Is there something like the univibe kind of tremmolo from the Flint inside?

I have a Strymon Mobius which is supposed to have all of the Tremolo portion of the Flint inside so thats what makes it a bit redundant. I also think the verb's are a tiny bit "boomy", not sure how to describe. Pretty darn good, but i wanted to try something that could go "bigger" with ambient stuff as well, Big Sky was out of my price point. I have one major issue right now, but i'm thinking i just have it set wrong, about to test it later. The issue is that it goes from no reverb to a little too much by barely turning the knob up at all. It's either a setting or a firmware issue i'm hoping. The reverb sounds are quite good though.

• Today I got the Ventris and checked it out and compared it with the flint a few hours.

The Ventis has much more reverb types then the flint - but I like the ones in the flint more 60th vs True Spring is a matter of taste - but the plates and hall in the flint sound much better with my amp. (Warmer sounding with more natural decay)

The trenmolo from the Ventis sounds boring - I love the ones in the Flint (the first and second the most).

Reverb and Delay together sounded not great for my ears.

I use the flint with a Fender Deluxe 57 - and it stays - returned the Ventris.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• I haven't decided yet, i still need to do more comparison. The lack of subtle control over reverb mix in the Ventris is killing me...just goes immediately from no reverb to too much unless you are really careful turning the knob fractions of a turn.

I thought the spring was a little better in the Ventris on first try, the Flint tends to be darker (probably as you say warmer) but a little boomy at times. I do tend to roll the treble back on the Ventris to get closer to the flint without being too dark or boomy. I thought i would like the E-Dome more than I do, maybe i'm just not used to playing in this ambient style...i like the sound on demo's. I agree the 80's plate on the Flint is a fantastic sound. My primary sound with it actually. The Ventris plates are nice, but more like typical studio/plugin style plates.

If i keep the Ventris it will mostly be because of preset ability. If i didn't have another tremolo pedal though (Mobius) I would certainly keep the Flint...but right now i'm leaning towards the Ventris.

• Yes, the pre delay knob works in the same way — it needs definitely to be fixed.
    All the reverbs are much brighter then the Flint ones.
    Now I use the Flint with higher contour settings

And I found how to setup the Flint so that the Trem is before the Reverb - there is a hidden feature to change the order - I did not read the manual before.

Very happy now

• I bought my Flint after my Catalinbread Topanga started defecting (my second one; the first was dead out of the box). I’m a sucker for spring reverb (surprise!) and I loved the dirty nature of the Topanga, but I’ve grown to love the flexibility of the Flint, plus the added bonus of the excellent tremolos. There’s only one other reverb pedal on my horizon, and that’s the Subdecay Super Spring Theory. Yep, a spring reverb :D

• You guys should scope out a Damage Control Glass Nexus. Dead simple pedal, but does so much. It has modulation effects, a reverb section and a delay section. Midi controllable too, with presets, and you can turn on/off each effect using midi as well. The tremolo and spring reverb are gorgeous, let me know if you want clips in the Kemper loop.

• I bought my Flint after my Catalinbread Topanga started defecting (my second one; the first was dead out of the box). I’m a sucker for spring reverb (surprise!) and I loved the dirty nature of the Topanga, but I’ve grown to love the flexibility of the Flint, plus the added bonus of the excellent tremolos. There’s only one other reverb pedal on my horizon, and that’s the Subdecay Super Spring Theory. Yep, a spring reverb :D

i've been looking at some of the Real Spring reverb pedals...Crazy Tube Circuits White Whale, Carl Martin's Headroom or the Sole-Mate (though i just noticed their website stopped working :(

• Yes, the pre delay knob works in the same way — it needs definitely to be fixed.
    All the reverbs are much brighter then the Flint ones.
    Now I use the Flint with higher contour settings

And I found how to setup the Flint so that the Trem is before the Reverb - there is a hidden feature to change the order - I did not read the manual before.

Very happy now

i played some more this morning and it's going to be a really tough choice between the two. Here you can see when i tried to dial in the Spring reverbs as close to each other as i could the difference in the mix knob on the Flint vs the Ventris. As far as gear i also got a Power Station PS2...i hope to try out some direct profiles at first and later mic up some cabs :)

• i played some more this morning and it's going to be a really tough choice between the two. Here you can see when i tried to dial in the Spring reverbs as close to each other as i could the difference in the mix knob on the Flint vs the Ventris. As far as gear i also got a Power Station PS2...i hope to try out some direct profiles at first and later mic up some cabs :)

Please share your experience with Fryette Power Station 2. Are you replacing any other power amp?

• Please share your experience with Fryette Power Station 2. Are you replacing any other power amp?

So far i haven't used it too much, i have an old Carver Solid State poweramp i'm using right now but its a bit on the fritz. I also have a Peavey Classic 50/50 Tube power amp when i need to run stereo. I got the fryette for running my kemper to a single cab, running my tube Egnater (soon to be Synergy i hope) preamp, recording Direct with the preamps, incorporating the tube section of the poweramp (so far not the greatest luck with that but getting there) and for making direct profiles with the Kemper. I will post back when i get more experience and use for it.