• That pedal looks sick, nightlight. I like how chunky the footboards are. It looks like you could fit all your toes on there, barefoot.

Nice in-ears, faraway. I bought a pair of AM-20s last month. Like them so far?

So far I had one gig with the new AM30 - loved it. Westone managed very well to have full sound AND ambience signal. So I had a nice stereo sound, could hear and feel the audience and communicate with my band mates.

• faraway How do they compare?

Major advantage over my prior Shure 535 is of course the ambience feature but beside that the AM30 is little better fitting to my auricles and the cable is more flexible and the cable length is shorter, perfect for me.

Soundwise, I the midrange resolution might be slightly better than the 535, but it only might be my impression because the AM30s bass volume is slightly weaker than from the 535. Anyhow, soundwise I was happy with the Shure and I´m happy with the Westone.

I think the Westone is a little overpriced, but they have a unique selling point and they use it...

• That pedal looks sick, nightlight. I like how chunky the footboards are. It looks like you could fit all your toes on there, barefoot.

They're really nice to play. I like the mass of the footboards, plus the pedals are incredibly fast. Hit hard too, much harder than the Tricks I own (and which are now being sold). Yes, you can definitely get a whole foot on the pedals if playing heel down.

• I've always wanted a Marshall amp, as they have a classic sound found on many records. In particular my favourite artists have been using them in bands like ACDC and Slayer.

Long story short, I yesterday picked up a JVM410H. Really liking it, it has tonnes of gain on tap and it's amazing that each of the four channels has three modes. It's also amazing that at higher bass settings, the amp doesn't flub out.

Pretty kicked, it's sufficiently different from my other amps to keep around. This is the latest family shot, planning to sell the Fireball and replace it with a Mark series Mesa Boogie. The collection will then be finally complete unless I run into a (really) cheap Wizard or SLO.

• This weekends project, was to work on the Ovation 1868 Rescue.

I tried some Satin Poly last week, and it looked like crap. The stuff was old, and some of it looked satin, some gloss, so trashed that idea.

Stripped it back and will apply a new Satin Wipe-on Poly from a NEW can [Blocked Image: https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/ta5/1.5/16/1f642.png]:)

Sanding around the epaulets is a real pain, but I think it will be fine.

The dark line on the top is where there was a slight crack. This came from where the body separated from the bowl in a small place, and was bulged slightly. Forced glue in and glued the top to the bowl. Everything is solid, but not sure why that darkened (it was like that when I got it). Not gonna worry about it, gives it character [Blocked Image: https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/ta5/1.5/16/1f642.png]:)

After the finish, will dress and polish the frets.

More photos to come as it progresses. Sitting next to the Glen Campbell I'm finished with.

• Long story short, I yesterday picked up a JVM410H.

You might've heard me bang on a bit here in the past about the JVM 410H, AJ - I love it. Plug a Les Paul into that thing and you'll have Slash on tap, mate.

Big, organic-sounding gain with heaps of character. Nice pickup, brother.

• Today, I added some Minwax Cherry 235 to the top. Will let this dry a few days before doing the satin wipe-on Poly.

Update, frets polished, toners serviced and polished. Letting her dry for a while before putting the tuners back on.

• Been a while since anyone posted in this, so I thought I'd resurrect it.

Just got a PRS MT-15 amp which I plan to use in a wet dry setup with the Kemper, since I can't afford to get another beastie. Someone was selling it used for under $500, so I figured, why not?

[Blocked Image: https://i.ibb.co/dm9rSZN/PRS.jpg]

A lot heavier and bigger than I thought, but at the same time, not too big and heavy. It's larger than the Kraken I used to own and heavier, if that reference helps anyone.

I actually like it more than the Kraken though. Very polished and refined sound, though at the end of the day, it is still a lunchbox amp.

Still kicks ass though. I did a video today using it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hope you like it, it's my symphonic white metal project mechanevil (which is constantly being pushed back because of other bands, other commitments, life in general haha).