Hello Kemper Forum! _ I finally made it!

• Looking forward to the long version then - welcome!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I just discovered the "Like" button. :D

Thanks...

grappagreen - not too much tweaking needed
    musicmad - I've been told I'm too long winded...and believe it!
    CJGOMEZ - agree on the evolve
    suseguitar - rock on!)
    DeanR - thanks
    PETERFR - is that a Tele on fire in your avatar?

Been playing my fingers off with this thing. And it's not a honeymoon thing. No delusions...this time. Just easy to get natural good tone. Time to restring some of my other guitars and give them some Kemper time!

Phil 8)

• Yeah, just like the real thing, different guitars love different profiles. A wonderful adventure!

• Welcome and enjoy!

btw. the Kemper can do much more than old Marshall and Recti ;)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Hi Philbert
    it was a 12 string accoustic guitar with broken body on a barbecue grill
    I cant remember exactly with one or two beers I think :D

...or maybe more! :D

Must have been some party! :thumbup:

Thank you:

Raoul24
    Deej09
    whippinpost91850
    Armin ! (you are an IR cab legend...good to see you here!)

I've been learning the equipment and effects setup a bit. It just hit me that I have tons of options, and it's a bit overwhelming. Not "difficult" in any way. If fact, pretty easy to configure. Before I go crazy setting up all my presets, I want to see if I can work out my general preferences on ONE rig before I go crazy creating and recreating all these effects modules. The goal is to get organized and hopefully save time. Just a few questions remain after reading the manuals...

- Can the Wah pedal also be a volume pedal when Wah is switched off? (EP1-KP into Remote 5 & 6)

- Once you set up your favorite stomp and effect modules, can you copy and paste all of them to other rigs so you don't have to keep setting them individually in each rig?

- Is there any provision to PAN the dry "Stack" signal so you can position it in a stereo mix, but keep reverbs and delays full stereo panned?

- On the Mix Out, there are stereo XLR and 1/4" jacks. Can I send the XLR to FOH and also use the 1/4" outs for stereo amplified FRFR stage monitors?

- Is there a level meter I can use while adjusting my Distortion Sense level? I actually prefer my pickups lower than most. I find a sweet spot where fullness starts to kick in, but no higher where harmonics start clashing. This means my output is usually lower, and profiles will probably need this compensation. But I need a way to tell I'm at optimum output...like some metering. Does it exist?

Maybe I should ask these questions in the appropriate section. :/

Phil 8)

Phil 8)

• I found the WahPedal > Vol on SYSTEM page 5. That answers that. :)

And I found a way to save my STOMPS as a group profile, and also my EFFECTS as a group profile, but not all of them together. Good enough, I guess. ;)

EDIT: Found the AUX and Monitor out provision to have a wet stereo output for monitors. Also, found the Panorama soft knob, but that is more like a balance control that also effects the wet stereo signals...not what I need.

Got my first Performance bank written complete with footswitch names and rhythm/lead levels and effects. Getting closer to my goals. Just didn't want anybody answering questions I answered by trial and error.

Phil 8)

Phil 8)

Edited 2 times, last by PHILBERT ().

• Phil,

On the Stomps/FX question are you aware that you can LOCK on the KPA? If you're happy with your settings for both (and have a desire for them to apply to all rigs) then just lock them. Just hold the stomps/fx button and press LOCK.

There's no level meter in the KPA.

As you're digging deep (and on a related theme) are you aware of the ability to create input presets (clean/dist sense) for your individual guitars and lock them per mode? Once you're happy with the dist sense setting create an input preset for the guitar and then you can unlock - select - lock again when you change instrument. Worth remembering this is per mode i.e. you have to lock it both Browse & Perform.

Hope this helps.

Si

• Hi Si,

I knew about lock. I locked something global (I think) because it made sense. I didn't think about locking the effects and stomps. That would do it. I did save my stomps and effects, and that is easy enough to pull up and install them where I need them. Actually, while creating Performance bank presets, I used Copy and Paste a lot...then modified levels and effects slightly to enhance solo, reverb and delay settings. All of it was pretty easy to dial in and save. And there will be times when I replace pieces within the setup with other effects, but for now my general stomp and effect chain is:

A - WAH / VOLUME with real TOE SWITCH ACTIVATION
    B - WHAMMY with real TOE SWITCH ACTIVATION (normally turned off for pure signal)
    C - DISTORTION (Rat for more aggressive bite when you need it) Footswitch II
    D - COMPRESSOR (just enough adds drive and a great feeling response...love it!) Footswitch I

X - 4:1 NOISE GATE (takes all the Stack "hiss" out, yet soft notes ring out) Footswitch Looper (optional)
    MOD - STEREO CHORUS (just enough lushness) Footswitch III
    DELAY - STEREO DELAY (set to taste for the preset) Footswitch IIII
    REVERB - HALL or ROOM REVERB (set to taste) Sometimes sharing Footswitch IIII

As far as Distortion Sense, maybe that is the one I locked. The loudest guitar I had was my Explorer with EMG's. I sold that. My 87 ESP Mirage Custom with the original EVH Frankinstrat pickup might be my loudest now. I might have to see what setting it peaks out at, but I have a feeling the Kemper was never meant to hit "peak". I bet there was deliberate headroom calculated there. All my guitars work on my H & K amp rig, so it just a matter of finding one setting that works for all...without squash or weakness. But a meter with a target area would be nice to have for setting that up.

I REALLY WISH THERE WAS A DRY SIGNAL PAN INSTEAD OF PANORAMA (nothing but a total balance control). I read about Wet-Dry-Wet signal routing, but then I have no Monitor and Aux out for stereo stage monitoring, and no control over the FOH panning in my presets. Perhaps I'll make these feature requests.

Thanks for those ideas! :thumbup:

Phil 8)