Sound issues with my PC, tech help needed, anyone?

• I run a really simple set up at home, with my PC using Amplitube via a scarlett 18i8. I like to play along to music via groove music, media monkey or YouTube.

However, just after Christmas periodically media monkey would stop playing music - it would just pause or YouTube would slow and then stop.

I've fiddled with settings, uploaded latest driver etc but it seems to be that Amplitube and any other music source won't work at the same time! If I switch off amplitube, no problems with the other sound sources. If I switch off other sound sources, amplitube works fine.

If I switch on media monkey, then amplitube, amplitube can't find the hardware..it sees as though sound sources are competing for the same resources but I don;t know enough about ASIO etc. to sort. Becuase I'm not sure of the problem, I don;t know whether to report the fault to Amplitube ( IK ) or Focusrite ( as that is the interface )...

I've changed buffer settings and followed the foducrite USB settings and troubleshooting ( power management etc.) and now at a loss.

Anyone any ideas or experienced anything similar ?? I've changed nothing and I can only assume a windows 10 update! Its infuriating!

BTW the first person to say get a Mac will be taken off my Christmas card list :)