Loading 5.0 delays

• Greetings,I picked up a new powered profiler a few weeks ago, Ive noticed the new delays are not loaded. I found and installed all the ambient delays listed in Rig Manager, really great ambient rigs. I cant seem to find where to download the delays that came with 5.0 such as single, dual...etc. I looked in the Kemper download area for legacy OS, but no luck. Any suggestions?

• this is actually a quite tedious way to do this.

the delays themselves are part of the OS5 and upwards - if you have this OS installed, simply select a stomp slot and use TYPE to select the desired delay type.

To import the delay presets, all you have to do is to install the factory content

on your Profiler:
    press SYSTEM,
    press 'Factory Rigs' soft button

• Greetings,I picked up a new powered profiler a few weeks ago, Ive noticed the new delays are not loaded. I found and installed all the ambient delays listed in Rig Manager, really great ambient rigs. I cant seem to find where to download the delays that came with 5.0 such as single, dual...etc. I looked in the Kemper download area for legacy OS, but no luck. Any suggestions?

The delays are in the firmware - there are additional presets that can be imported. But if you find a delay in a rig useful, you can just hold [DELAY] (or the appropriate other stomp slot) and press [STORE] to save them as your own preset. This preset can be applied later to other rigs.

• Let me try to clarify things a bit - hopefully.,, Talking about "new effects" three fundamentally different things get often referred to and mixed up, which might add some confusion.

1. Effect Types

The effect as such is an algorithm in the Profiler operating system. It cannot get lost or not be there. So, if your Profiler runs 5.0 the new Delay Types introduced in 5.0 must be there, but the Pitch Shifter Delay Types cannot be there. So, Rigs nor Presets with Pitch Shifter Delays cannot be fully operated under 5.0. If your Profiler runs 5.1 (or our current 5.4.1 Release) the new Pitch Delays are included. The only way to install any new Effect (Type) is upgrading the Profiler OS. Any Effect Type gets selected using the Type Knob while an Effect Module e. g. DLY is open!!!

2. Effect Presets

Usually, when we create a new Effect (Type) we are adding corresponding Effect Presets as examples. Effect Presets include the Effect Type plus all its parameter settings to provide an idea of what can be done with that effect and a starting point for your personal tweaking.

All Presets are user data like Rigs. Presets can be imported or deleted and you could create your own. If such example Presets are missing in your Profiler's Browse Pool, the easiest way to import those is pressing "Factory Rigs" in the System Settings. In that case all Factory Content (Rigs and Presets) embedded in the software revision currently installed on your Profiler will be imported and added to your Browse Pool. No Rig Manager nor USB flash drive are needed. But (!) it's an all or nothing approach. All Rigs and Presets embedded in the Profiler OS will be added in one go. If you had reduced the Rigs and Preset in your Browse Pool and want to keep it lean, it might be more efficient to specifically download the Delay and Pitch Delay Presets from our Download Page and just import those Presets.

If you want you could select just particular Presets and import those via USB flash drive. As soon as these are in your Profiler Browse Pool you select one of those using the Browse Knob while an Effect Module e. g. DLY is open.

Rig Manager cannot handle any Presets yet, just complete Rigs and Performances!

3. Delay Rig Pack in Rig Manager

Just for your convenience in order to allow to preview and check out the possibilities of the all new delays via Rig Manager the Delay Presets mentioned above have been stored within complete Rigs and are available as a Rig Pack in Rig Manager. As soon as your Profiler runs a current operating system and is connected to Rig Manager, you could simply double click on those demo Rigs and get an idea of the new capabilities.

If you want you could move those into your Profiler's Rig Pool like any other Rig. However, we recommend to import the Presets instead like mentioned above. Presets can easily be leveraged as building blocks later when you create your own Rigs.

Keep in mind: a Preset based on a Pitch Shifter Delay or a Rig including a Pitch Shifter Delay cannot be enjoyed under any operating system before 5.1. Updating the Profiler OS is a prerequisite and then the Effect Types are already there.