Trade my Mark V:25 for a Shiva or a Fireball?

• A couple of guys have expressed interested in trading for my Mark V:25. One guy is offering a Bogner Shiva, the other an ENGL Fireball.

The Mesa is nice, but I'm looking for something that's higher gain.

I've seen some good profiles of the Fireball, but not so many of the Shiva.

Which do you think would be the better trade? Or should I just avoid the trade entirely?

• AJ, the mark V (like most Boogies) is almost an EXACT science to get what you want it to do, it pays off if your persistent brother (learn how to tame that beast first bro) WhyA You want to get rid of it?

hmm just trying to figure WHY you(who is not stupid man) would you think those other amps have higher gain? You drinken as much beer as me ? :D Your a cannibal corpse black metal bastard like me ...well sort of. I remember seeing cannibal corpse live
    we threw kidneys and beef livers at them on stage...ow to be young and dumb [again] :rolleyes:

look i checked out the shiva high gain sounds on youtube and the fireball, they seems less low end for the filthy shit we play?
    Ah F it man, its hard to tell depending on what you want to play, just high gain sounds for lead or what?

To me the Shiva and Fireball are more ROCK sounding amps in the gain stages...
    Shit man i think the MARK V is better but in saying that.

If i had to choose and my 2 cents is really gonna make a difference i would go the ENGL
    F it, i mean keep the mark V and just learn how to tame that Bitch :P

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Good idea, Ash. I think I'll pass on the trades. It's a good amp, thought the wattage and head room is a little low.

Please try out profile Mefa Noogie Boost on the rig exchange and let me know what you think!

Here's a short clip:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just sell me the pack already :thumbup:
    Thanks Brah ill test and report :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I don't like el84s for high gain AT ALL. Now I know there are a ton of caveats in this conversation I am sure in regards to your particular situation (not sure your living situation in regards to high volume, etc.). If I was in a metal band and needed some on stage oomph with some tubes; I would be trading for a big bottle Mark in a heartbeat.

• I don't like el84s for high gain AT ALL. Now I know there are a ton of caveats in this conversation I am sure in regards to your particular situation (not sure your living situation in regards to high volume, etc.). If I was in a metal band and needed some on stage oomph with some tubes; I would be trading for a big bottle Mark in a heartbeat.

Not too finicky about the tubes as long as the sound is good. The Shiva and the Fireball are both pretty well-regarded and both of them were higher wattage than my Mark V, so it seemed like an interesting trade. Still, in the end, I'm glad I didn't go through with it.

Currently eyeing a Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister 36 that's on sale. Seems an interesting amp, it's used by Jeff Waters, which really makes me keen to get my hands on one. Interesting tech too.

• Not used a Fireball but had both a Powerball and Invader and they were heavy as f*$k! Loved them ( Powerball was better, Invader more versatile).

Loads of gain and thump./low down grunt. I also liked the switchable master volumes.

Should you trade? Hmm difficult because I have also heard you have to invest time with Boogies and I've heard some amazing sounds coming out of them...

• Definitely not a Shiva for metal or 90's rock. It's a great amp for almost anything else. My favourite amp.

I use a Bogner Uberschall pedal into the clean channel if I want a tighter, more modern gain sound.

Yeah this! The Shiva gain is thick and warm rather than tight and tough.

• Moving out some gear, so may have some cash on my hands soon. Evaluating some more amps.

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
    H&K Triamp MKII
    Diezel Einstein
    Orange Rockerverb

Kind of leaning towards the Triamp, since it seems like it will be very different from the other amps in my collection.

I also made some killer profiles of my VHT Sig:X. I'll post them after getting back from work.