Dry Signal PAN for Placing Instrument in Wet Stereo Field

• DRY PAN instead of PANORAMA

THE PROBLEM:

When you perform live and want to place yourself in the stereo mix, if you use PANAROMA (or you use PAN on the mixing console...same thing) your Kemper stereo effects get cut on one side of the stereo field. This takes the life out of great stereo effects!

And if I want to use the Kemper stereo effects on recording, it's the same problem. You can't place yourself in the stereo field mix without losing the full stereo effects. This forces you to use outboard effects. That's a wast of the built-in effects in the Kemper.

SOLUTION:

Change PANORAMA to DRY PAN for the RIG output into the EFFECTS MODULES. And you would need to store this in Performance presets so when you go to solo, or want the PAN position to change, calling up your preset on the Profiler Remote changes the DRY PAN position to where you want it in the stereo field.

QUESTION:

Do we need this for Main Out L & R only...like to the FOH or mixing desk? Or do we want it elsewhere? If I use MONITOR OUT and DIRECT OUT for FRFR L & R stereo wedges (or FRFR L & R stereo backline speakers), I probably want equal dry signal on both LEFT and RIGHT all the time to avoid any volume drop. My main concern is that the FOH or mixing console gets the correct PAN mix without losing the stereo effect(s). In almost every case I would think the MONITOR OUT and DIRECT OUT would want center PAN. And what about S/PDIF? Same as MAIN OUT?

Thoughts? ?(

Phil 8)

Edited once, last by PHILBERT: Spelling...I sometime suck at it! ().

• FIXED: I wasn't even familiar with the "Panorama" function until my KPA started glitching on me as I was making preset adjustments with headphones on. 3 different presets suddenly went to "panned hard left", without me doing anything. I finally located the panorama feature, which was mysteriously set to -5 (hard left). I set it back to zero and saved the preset. 2 minutes later, same thing. Appears to be a glitch.

UPDATE: I was running TRS cables into the Kemper Switch/Pedal inputs. The Roland FC-300 that I am using sends a CC#10 signal out of the #1 pedal output. CC#10 is what Kemper has routed to control the Panorama function. Unplug the TRS, problem solved! Was not aware that I could utilize all of the FC-300's functionality via the midi cable alone.

• Stored parameters like Panorama don't move by itself. Under no circumstances.

Check,
    if the Profiler is receiving MIDI control change #10 (Panorama)
    or
    if you had Morphing in Morph Sound position, while you adjusted Panorama from -5 to 0. In other words, Panorama -5 is stored as Base Sound and Panorama 0 is stored as Morph Sound. Rigs get loaded with their Base Sound.

• I'm not sure I understand...

If your pan control is pre-fx (after rig section), you will send a lower signal to (for instance) the left side at the input of the fx. Doesn't that give you the same result?

My stereo reverb and stereo delay are being panned, meaning the volume of the reflections is diminished on one side by using panorama, so it's not pre-FX. That is what I'm asking for...pre-FX.

Phil 8)

• My stereo reverb and stereo delay are being panned, meaning the volume of the reflections is diminished on one side by using panorama, so it's not pre-FX. That is what I'm asking for...pre-FX.

But if you pan the signal say to hard left pre-fx - you only sending the signal into the left delay line of the fx, so wouldn't that give the same result?

• But if you pan the signal say to hard left pre-fx - you only sending the signal into the left delay line of the fx, so wouldn't that give the same result?

Maybe I'm missing something???

Is there a way to pan my signal before stereo delay and reverb in the Kemper? I didn't see it, if there is. ?(

Phil 8)