Reamping Problem

• So I'm attempting to reamp a DI track I have in Studio One, using an AudioBox 22vsl. I have all my routing set up correctly, but I'll go over it anyway. Since there are only 2 outputs (no spdif), I'm using headphones to monitor it for this.

DI track to Sub1 L output - Return Input with Return Input Reamp selected - Main out to Input of Audiobox - Reamp track record armed with the correct input from the AudioBox

For some reason, the Kemper isn't reamping the signal with the amp tone, I can only hear the dry DI track no matter what. The reamp track is recording, but there is no actual audio information on it. I can't figure out the problem here...

The signal IS getting into the Kemper - I can plug the headphones directly into the Kemper and still hear the dry DI.

• Don't have Studio One and reamp throu spdf. But have you set up Studio One correctly? Using the right audo channel? I'm using Cubase and a SPL Crimson soundcard and it took me a while to firgure out how to set it up for reamping.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Don't have Studio One and reamp throu spdf. But have you set up Studio One correctly? Using the right audo channel? I'm using Cubase and a SPL Crimson soundcard and it took me a while to firgure out how to set it up for reamping.

Yes, it is set up with the correct channel.

You can use the kemper as a DI box you know ?

Of course, but that isn't what I'm talking about.

• It works fine when I play guitar through the front. I can even record a Wet & dry track simultaneously with no problems, using the normal methods. It's only when trying to reamp the dry DI track that I have this problem.

• when you get the processed sound from the front input it means that all the settings in your Profiler are correct.
    What happens when you plug your guitar into the return input while return input reamping is selected?

• Yeah, that's why I'm confused. The routing is correct. The dry signal makes it through the Kemper, it just doesn't get processed for some reason. It must be my interface or something. I'll try just a guitar through the interface and then out to the Kemper, and see if that is the same.

• Yeah, that's why I'm confused. The routing is correct. The dry signal makes it through the Kemper, it just doesn't get processed for some reason. It must be my interface or something. I'll try just a guitar through the interface and then out to the Kemper, and see if that is the same.

What exactly is this?

"DI track to Sub1 L output"

Also, have you changed the master output back to stack or master stereo? You may be just hearing the DI track because you have it set to git studio/stack or something like that.

• My interface only has 2 outputs, so my DI track is routed to one, that goes to the Kemper. The incoming wet track is routed to a track with no output, so as not to create a feedback loop.
    The Main out is on Master Mono.

Having said all that again, the problems isn't in the Kemper. My DI does actually get processed; if I monitor with headphones directly from the Kemper, I can hear the processed reamped signal. The problem is when I plug the Master out back into an input of the interface, the feedback loop is there, or a signal that sounds like one. I'm not sure why, I have only the dry DI track route to the output, and the reamped signal from the Kemper to an input that is route to no output in the DAW.
    The only thing I can think of now, is that this interface is unable to separate the inputs from the outputs at all, so routing it correctly in the DAW is futile.

• Holy hell...I was running into a very similar (if not the same) issue. Kept hearing my dry signal while trying to reamp and it was driving me f-ing crazy. Just spent the last hour and a half troubleshooting and finally solved it, so I wanted to share in case it's helpful to anyone else.

In Kemper's OUTPUT section on page 7 of 8 (available when you press the Output button), there are Aux In settings. The manual says they can be used to feed another audio source (like "an .mp3 player") into the Kemper to play along with.

I have never wanted or needed to take advantage of that feature, yet I found that two of the three volumes were turned up in that section! Turning all three to Off fixed the problem.

Essentially, I was using Kemper's Return Input to reamp a dry signal. However, the volume for the Aux In for my Main Output was turned up. Therefore, it was feeding one version of the dry signal into the Kemper's effects chain for reamping AND also feeding some of that dry signal through as if it were coming from an external audio source that I wanted kept dry.

walkerjerry if you are somewhere out there and still need help, I got you! haha