Profile Looper Tool

• One thing I've found myself doing a lot when making profiles is recording on a DAW to hear the difference between the profile and the original amp. I think it would be spiffy to be able to do this in the box using a loop without needing the computer and DAW.

Here's how I think that would work. The Kemper would have a "Compare Loop" function built in that would simultaneously record both a KPA signal and the amp/mic input signal to a short 10-20second loop and then once you're done it would switch off the "Direct Output" so nothing goes to the AMP and it would start playing back the loop, pressing the normal Kemper/Amp (A/B switch) would allow you to switch between which loop was being played back so you could hear and compare how close the profile is perfectly regardless of whether the amp is in the room or not.

• I had a further thought on this.

What if on the A (Kemper) side, it didn't record the Kemper signal itself, but the dry guitar signal and then played it back re-amping through the KPA? That way you could edit the amp/eq/cab settings while it's looping to tweak the match to be even closer.

• What if on the A (Kemper) side, it didn't record the Kemper signal itself, but the dry guitar signal and then played it back re-amping through the KPA? That way you could edit the amp/eq/cab settings while it's looping to tweak the match to be even closer.

That built-in looper + reamper is a great idea Per!

And you could also use it for fine tuning existing rigs outside of profiling session, it's so much faster to get a sound exactly where you want it when you tweak a reamped signal instead of "playing/listening - tweaking - playing/listening etc.". This way you could reamp a small section without the help of external equipment/DAW.

• This is a very useful stuff guys. I use a lot the looper, not only to make profiles, but also to build sounds and add effects, because you really need in every comparison to be independent from all other stuff that can generate confusion.

Anyway Mr. Kemper likes the idea... so we are on the right track :thumbup:

• Thinking about Per's Profile Looper Tool idea this morning, and still love it!

An option to "store refining guitar" to USB flash would be great for future profile sessions. Then when it's time to profile your next amp you don't even need to take a guitar with you.

You can just choose from a list of "refining guitar tracks" to suit the amp you're profiling. The same refining guitar tracks can be used not only for refining but during mic positioning and changing the original reference amp settings. (before the amp is profiled). If one refining guitar track doesn't get you close to the reference amp perhaps choosing another from the list and re-refining will?

If people can share these "signature" guitar tracks in much the same way that profiles and Tills Cabs are shared, that would be cool also. For people who work in sound and don't play guitar or people who plan on having a large profiling session live outside their studio or comfort zone this would be a great option to make the profiling session that bit easier.
    Just my thoughts on what is already a great idea.

• This appeals to me. Having a way to load whatever refining techniques you find personally the best would be ideal. :thumbup:

• Sounds a cool idea, and would certainly help standardising the profiling quality from the userbase, not to mention help debugging!

I suspect it might not work tho, since I believe the KPA needs to sense a physical current with a certain impedance at its input.
    Probably only a hardware modification could allow for this. Could be off base here, but...