Stack Section Switchable On/Off via MIDI

• Hi,

In my view, the full use of the effects loop is only possible if the Stack Section is switchable via Midi, same as all the other stompboxes and effects, this way I can integrate Kemper in my Rig, but not necessarily have to find new profiles for already good setup tones I have in my Modeller Pedalboard. I need to control Kemper front section as well, as I wish I could use Kemper Stomps in conjunction to other modellers already set Amps, and right now, if I switch off the SEND/RETURN in my board (I got Kemper introduced to it by 4CM), I loose all the front section of Kemper. for that not to happen I should instead only switch off the Stack section via Midi. I dont understand why you provide full control of Stomp section, full controll of Effects section and do not provide control at all of the Stack section.

So my request is to make the Stack section of the Kemper Switchable on/off via MIDI. I hope it makes sense and that it is an easy fix and avaliable on the next update!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you,

Rock on

• You can do it with NRPN:

Amplifier (Address Page 10)
    2 On/Off
    4 Gain
    6 Definition
    7 Clarity
    8 Power Sagging
    9 Pick
    10 Compressor
    11 Tube Shape
    12 Tube Bias
    15 Direct Mix

Equalizer (Address Page 11)
    2 On/Off
    4 Bass
    5 Middle
    6 Treble
    7 Presence

Cabinet (Address Page 12)
    2 On/Off
    3 Volume
    4 High Shift
    5 Low Shift
    6 Character

Thank you, that is great information, currently I know nothing about the subject, would you have any reference or material on how to execute this?

Rock on! :thumbup::thumbup:

• Maybe this is also useful

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks for the replies,

I am acttually trying to integrate Helix and Kemper together, Helix has extensive Midi and Control options but I think that NRPN is not one of them , since I did not find anyway to send Midi CC messages in sequence as required by NRPN, as far as I understood. And I think that is not just Helix, I am almost 100% sure that any MutliFX for guitar available will not have that capability, so in my view, in order for Kemper to fully integrate with guitar gear, without having to buy an extra midi controller just for Kemper, it should do simple Midi switching for any section of it.

That said, I will keep my request to put the stack section switchable via Midi in a further Firmware. To me that is a must, it must integrate with other guitar gear totally, not only with exclusive Midi controllers.

If anyone has any other suggestion to sort the question, currently, I would be more than happy to hear about it! :thumbup:

Rock on :thumbup:

• So NRPN is not possible maybe heres a workaround:
    store the e.g. in slot 1 the rig with stack on and the same rig in slot 2 with stack section off
    Performance and slot is accessible with midi CC so maybe not the best solution but maybe you can handle it this way...

store the e.g. in slot 1 the rig with stack on and the same rig in slot 2 with stack section off
    Performance and slot is accessible with midi CC so maybe not the best solution but maybe you can handle it this way...

A great and simple solution. Just switch rigs and you should be golden.

• since the Profiler is already capable to switch the amp stack through NRPN how about contacting Line6 and ask them to implement NRPN if that is such a vital function for you?

Simply because to send/receive one simple Midi CC message is a much easier solution than to implement complicated NRPN messages not in Helix only, but in all other guitar MultiFX such Fractal units, Boss units, TC Electronics, Zoom, Vox, etc... None of them is capable of NRPN and they are made to integrate guitar RIG. To me that is pretty clear why I would not do that.
    All I am saying is that Kemper is still not fully integrative to other guitar equipments available in the market. Just that small change would make it more easily adaptable to other current guitar equipment, just the way an amp is.

Edited once, last by rmorette ().

Performance and slot is accessible with midi CC so maybe not the best solution but maybe you can handle it this way..

I haven't thought about this before, maybe thats a great way of working around that Kemper's flaw, if that's the only way to sort that out.

Thank you a lot!

• I'm sorry to write that here again. Yes, it is rubbish. I have multiple rigs where I'd like to switch on and off the stack. There are 128 MIDI CCs and the KPA uses what? 40? I don't know... But not even half of them! Why is there not one for Amp/Cab or the whole stack section?

• kemper uses the standard RPN midi you need to access the NTPN midi numbers. I suggest looking at the KPA midi manual for the value you will need. There are videos that help, it took me awhile to wrap my head around the process to access NRPN.

• You might want to consider this: Instead of creating a complicated signal chain, where you switch between PROFILER and various other amps and modellers, perhaps you could take PROFILEs of the amps and modellers and integrate everything in one PROFILER.