Greetings from Brazil

• Than you are way ahead of me. Sounds like you are on your way. ;)
    Chocolate hands? ;( Ouch! Time to lock up the studio. My little one is in College now, but I remember those days.

Cheers!

i would not say "way ahead" of you, in fact Kemper has so much to offer that we could both spend a whole year without explore all possibilities that it can do

can be used to record on studio or to play alive
    can be used to develop experiments and to profile amps, pedals,
    has 100 or more of awesome delays
    can be updated and share tones over the world
    you will never get bored with kemper...

but there is a shrink effect that kemper can cause, it is a bit expensive and i see people try to compare it to other gears and found explanations for justify the price, "sounds better than my tube amp", "don't sounds better than my tube amp", "need better FRFR speakers", "do not need then", well many confusion because the sound of a digital gear it is not always better than an analog one, but sometimes is and overall is more pratical and organized

i like to simulate my rig inside kemper at night using the headphones, no one gets disturbed, i enjoy amazing sounds...
    also my tube amp is sounding really good profiled by kemper, it is not equal to it, but if i am buying tube amps, pedals, that is expensive too, takes space and money, kemper can save space and money too!

yesterday i updated my kemper with new free rigs and what a great surprise, new amazing sounds!

thank you

• All good points.

It's easy to get "lost in Toneland". And at first you want to see what the thing sounds like, so you jump around looking for this and that. I had to stop that and learn how to set and save rigs, cabs, stomps, effects (both individual and entire groups), and be able to organize it all so I could build performances quickly and efficiently. Took some of the guitar playing time away, but made editing and rig building so much faster. Copy and Paste are great time savers, as is recalling my customized stomps and effects for installing them on new amp profiles. I have a good grip on it now, but already see the need to clean up my early experiments and get better organized. In the end it will be incredibly efficient and versatile.

I just got my second Mission Engineering expression pedal for the Remote (now have Volume/Wah and Wammy...love it!), and also my 4 custom length stereo cables with right-angle "pancake" connectors for a super tight floorboard package. Just over 26" wide when all is pushed close together. Nice! Now all I need is the perfect size ATA type case (with bottom rubber feet) for it all to sit in. Inside dimensions are something like 26 1/4" x 10". Pop the lid, plug in the one network cable...and play! :thumbup:

As far as "real amp sound", it all comes down to the skill and EARS of the profiler(s). If they dial in tone and breakup like you would, then capture the best sound from the speaker cabinet, you will have "real" good amp sound that will challenge any "real" amp. But then you can really make a good "amp capture" sound like magic with critical ear tuning of all the settings...and I mean listening to changes less than 0.1. That's when I say it's "better than real", as I couldn't get any of that with my real amps. Can I tell it's not real? No, I can't...not in front of my KRK V8's, but you have to start with a great sounding profile. I found several profilers on YouTube that I "hear" great tones from. I knew it instantly. Bought some packs for a few bucks. It was soooooo worth it. That is when I get "lost in tone", but truly pleasurable tone. It's hard to stop playing these excellent "full-tone" amp profiles!

Enjoy!

Phil 8)