[Tone Junkie] Match 30/15 Pack. Demo/discount code inside.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Download now at https://tonejunkiestore.com

The Match 30/15 Kemper Profile Pack captures all the sounds from an early Tone Junkie favorite and gives you everything in between. We previously released 3 profiles of this pack in our "Profile Pack #1" but after numerous requests we decided to give you everything this boutique monster has to offer. The Match 30/15 combines a Lighting front end with a modified tone stack and a beefed up output section. Combined with some of our favorite effects and 3 speaker configurations, there are profiles that will work with any guitar or pick up combination.We've profiled each setting with 3 speaker accompaniments. H refers to the Match modified H30 speaker, M refers to the Match modified Greenback and HM is a blend of both.

USE CODE "LOYAL20" to save 20% at checkout.

• The Matchless profiles in the first Tonejunkie's pack were quite appealing so I was looking forward to the full sets and the demos were really nice so I couldn't resist. The full sets (C 30/15 and C30) cover so much more ground - there are 41 for the C 30/15 and 46 profiles for the C30. All the original offerings in Pack 1 used the Greenback but these new packs are split between the Heritage, the Greenback and the combination of both. Some of the most desireable drive pedals have been used - Analogman King Of Tone, Xotic BB preamp, Klon Centaur, Morning Glory, Timmy and a TS808 - to very good effect.

These amps are powered by 4x EL84s in the Vox tradition but with a range of tonal variation not seen on those amps. The C 30 set has quite a range of characters with an EF86 based preamp channel switchable with a 12AX7 channel.

I like to work with clean to just breaking up tones a lot and both sets had very sweet tones in that range and the C 30 set caters exceptionally well with so many variations in character between the 3 speaker options, the two channels and finely graded steps up the gain range. As an example - one patch uses the LO input on the EF86 and just the first step up on gain and I can play anywhere from pure clean to jangling drive just with variation in pick attack - these are so dynamic and flexible. The tonal balance seems to work with anything from a tele bridge pickup to a neck humbucker

The clean boosts like the Klone and Morning Glory are used with modest gain levels which I think was a great choice as they worked really well for me with just about every kind of pickup from Fender single coils, P 90s and humbuckers.

Further up the gain range these amps have phenomenal tones. The King of Tones patches (overdrive and distortion) were just glorious with P 90s and just as impressive with my LP. The pure amp tones - most of the set just use the amp channels with varying levels of gain - were consistently excellent.

These comprehensive new sets are not quite like anything else I have played and would serve well across a wide gamut of styles from country to blues to classic rock and indie stuff. These profiles bring more raunch to the table than most of the other Tonejunkie sets: there's less emphasis on the pure Fender style cleans - although sweet clean tones are here in spades - and more of a full spectrum of rhythm and lead tones, from clean chords and lines to driving riffs and ripping lead tones.

I found myself looking up what amps like these cost in my area and quickly decided that they were too rich for my blood. I just hope Jonathan has more boutique and vintage amps like the Morgan and the Matchless and Suhr at his disposal as that is probably the only way I will get to appreciate them.

• Wow

Wow thanks for the great review, I’m glad you are liking them!

One thing I’ll add, the B.B. pedal is actuallly an original Marshall Bluesbreaker.

Thanks!

• OK - sorry about that - the BB from xotic has been used by others with the same code. Also I missed out the Fulltone OCD - a really nice mid-gain profile of rhe C30 driven by the OCD is available in that pack.

• Great pack! :thumbup:
    There is almost everything you need for no money. (just miss the chicks for free). :D )
    In the pre kemper time I would have been very happy to have so many good sounds. :!:

• I must concur. I just got both of the Matchless packs and they have some of the nicest clean to edge of breakup tones you could wish for. They work wonderfully for both humbuckers and singlecoils. I enjoyed playing them with a LP and Tele. Great stuff! :thumbup:

• That pretty much mirrors my thoughts on these.

I'd also love to hear Tone Junkie's take on some classic Marshalls. I have a huge number of Marshall profiles already, but I've got a feeling that they'd do a hell of a job with them, as well. I do love that they profile some more unique amps, but a few old classics would be great too. Keep up the great work with these profiles.

• That pretty much mirrors my thoughts on these.
    I'd also love to hear Tone Junkie's take on some classic Marshalls. I have a huge number of Marshall profiles already, but I've got a feeling that they'd do a hell of a job with them, as well. I do love that they profile some more unique amps, but a few old classics would be great too. Keep up the great work with these profiles.

I'm actually looking as some Marshall right now, they will be coming down the pipeline pretty soon. I'm eying a JTM45, JMP and the good old JCM 800.