Best FRFR Active Cab/Monitor for Live??

• Hi all,

Asked I'm sure a thousand times but its now 2018!!

Please your opinions on the best options for 'back line' FRFR cabs active or passive: ie Friedman ASM12 or Atomic CLR (both active I know)...or something else??.. I'm a traditional guitarist and want something behind me pushing air when playing in pubs/clubs - we do rock covers etc..

Any thoughts, what have you all been using??...Thanks :thumbup:

• I've been running to FOH (Yamaha DXR12s) but I've just ordered an Alto TS210 which I plan to use solely for the Kemper to give me some on stage volume. The Alto is supposed to punch above its weight but I'm not expecting it to match the Yamahas (which are great). I'm also not expecting the same durability (it's built to a price) but for just under £200 it's a risk that I can aford to take.

• Cheers all for input so far.

We had an Alto TS PA current model, not very good but ok for the price point. May take a look at the EV option. We have a Yamaha DXR PA with the 12 tops so may borrow one of those to try out.

But thanks for the ideas so far, have been using my std 2x12cab which has been pretty good, just wondered if there is a better approach?

Cheers guys/gals.

• I'd suggest a forum search as there's probably about a weeks worth of reading on the subject!

It depends on what you need, how you intend to use it and your price point.

For me the Xitone MBritt cab was the right choice and I'm a happy camper.

Simon

• I'm using a Line 6 Firehawk 1500 which is FRFR and can be used wet/dry/wet, agreed its not for everyone as its got some weight to it but it does just about everything! Can be used as a back up if the Kemper has a bad day and also looks like a cab which was the reason i got it over something like the DXR12, however, the guitarist in my band (i play drums too) runs his Kemper through a DXR12 and they are every bit as good as literally everybody says they are!

• Interesting thoughts all...hadn't thought of using the Line 6 firehawk like that...they come up quite often on ebay...worth a look for sure...how you hooking up??...straight into return input??

• Interesting thoughts all...hadn't thought of using the Line 6 firehawk like that...they come up quite often on ebay...worth a look for sure...how you hooking up??...straight into return input??

If something comes up often on eBay I would suspect, that it is of questionable quality.

• Yeah thats a fair point...though i've got 'beginner' next to my name I've had a Kemper for over 2 years, used to have powered rack now gone for un powered rack (so I can choose what power amp to use)...If Kemper are looking for a new product line...why not solve this issue for us and make the right cab for us poor old...old school guys who want a 4x12 behind us pushing air.

Despite all this happy I have to say with what I have..Kemper, Palmer Macht 402 power amp into Genz Benz GFlex 2x12...pretty good...but there is always something perhaps better round the corner....arrrrrgh!! :)...usually there isn't!!

• By the same token @skoczy I have seen more Kempers up for sale on Ebay/Facebook than line 6 Firehawks? ;)

@Niall182 I have spent a fair bit of time messing around with it, and it works in some weird and wonderful ways if i'm honest! I have it set up with the L+R Master outs of the Kepmer into the L+R Monitor ins on the back on the Line 6 FH, and then the direct out from the Kemper in to the Fx return mono of the Line 6. then all you have to do is set the outputs up in the KPA menu so the effects are sent to the left and right outs and the dry stack to the direct out, and you get W/D/W FRFR goodness.

• @Niall182 No worries!

there isnt a great deal of useful info on the internet regarding the Firehawk to be honest, i was going to contact Paul Hindmarsh and see if he could give me any help but i eventually worked stuff out on my own!

If you decide to get one and need any advice hit me up and i will tell you what i know! :)