Experience with Alto TS 212 frfr?

• Hi guys,

Did someone of you have experience with this frfr? A friend of mine bought one and is blown away how it sounds. Some say it‘s better than the dxr ( btw. I never liked the sound of the dxr) and I think when it sounds cool I would buy a pair to play stereo or only one for using beside my rcf nx10 frfr.

• I am really interested in this also since after trying, I returned Harley Benton GPA400 power amp and Harley Benton V30 loaded 1x12 cab. The cab just colored all profiles too much, although it had more "in your face" sound & feel than DXR10.

Here is a video to watch, if you haven't already Frank:

• I had one and gave it away. Just didn't seem to work for me but I was coming from a 2x12 Bogner V30 cab for the first time to FRFR.

I eventually settled on a Xitone with a coaxial driver and was happy with that.

Regards,

Simon

• Hi Frank , I tested some TS210 with my KPA in a local music store and was disappointed, but my reference is HS7 & HS80 from yamaha.

I didn't like the trebles on this one , and the lack of definition in the tone. I had some good quotes on my tone while in the store , but I was not convinced.

You'd better judge by yourself.

• Hi Frank , I tested some TS210 with my KPA in a local music store and was disappointed, but my reference is HS7 & HS80 from yamaha.

I didn't like the trebles on this one , and the lack of definition in the tone. I had some good quotes on my tone while in the store , but I was not convinced.

You'd better judge by yourself.

Hi,

Thx. I think I have to order and test...
    I personally can‘t believe that they sound sooo good for this price. B stock from Thoman is 277€/cab

• I'm afraid you'll have to send 'em back if you don't like the DXR , because the store owner told me the DXR would sound better than the alto.

Yep the price tag us really attractive, but I bet I'm much used to details of my monitoring system.

Altos would be good for rehearsal with a drummer, but not for home play IMHO.

• Don't want to trash your thread @Eltzejupp but I found this:

Proel WD12A - I will call a local shop, if they have this cab in stock.

It is ~335 Euro over here.

[Blocked Image: http://portalnaglosnieniowy.eu/images/stories/Testy/Proel_WD12A_WD15A/Proel_WD15A_rzut_lewa2.jpg]

System type 2-way coaxial vented
    Low Frequency Device 12” woofer with 2.5"VC
    High Frequency Device 1” compression driver with 1.35"VC
    Angular Coverage 80°
    Frequency Response 50 Hz - 20 kHz
    Max SPL at 1mt (peak) 124 dB
    Amplifier Continuous Power HF: 50 W CLASS ABLF: 300W CLASS D with SMPS
    Input Impedance 30 kohm balanced / 15 kohm unbalanced
    Input sensitivity 0 dBu
    Controls LEVEL, PRESET selector (MONITOR, FOH), GND lift
    Connectors INPUT: COMBO (XLR-F/JACK) - LINK: XLR-M
    Power Supply 230 VAC or 120 VAC 50/60 Hz
    Maximum Consumption 445 W
    Rated Consumption* 235 W
    Construction Plywood with black anti-scratch polyurethane paint
    Pole adapter 1 x side
    Handles 2 x sides
    Monitor Taper 36°
    Weight 15 kg (33 lb)
    Dimensions (W x H x D) 510x340x500 mm
  • I have a practical question about the Alto.. I have an unpowered kemper head, and It's great! I don't want the kemper to sit on the floor, but I don't really want to carry around a table or a stand, and I don't want the kemper to sit precariously on a wobbly PA speaker.

Does anyone know if the kemper head can fit comfortably on top of the Alto ts212? Can you send a picture?

Cheers!

Lee