Experience with Alto TS 212 frfr?

• Hi guys,

Did someone of you have experience with this frfr? A friend of mine bought one and is blown away how it sounds. Some say it‘s better than the dxr ( btw. I never liked the sound of the dxr) and I think when it sounds cool I would buy a pair to play stereo or only one for using beside my rcf nx10 frfr.

• I am really interested in this also since after trying, I returned Harley Benton GPA400 power amp and Harley Benton V30 loaded 1x12 cab. The cab just colored all profiles too much, although it had more "in your face" sound & feel than DXR10.

Here is a video to watch, if you haven't already Frank:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I had one and gave it away. Just didn't seem to work for me but I was coming from a 2x12 Bogner V30 cab for the first time to FRFR.

I eventually settled on a Xitone with a coaxial driver and was happy with that.

Regards,

Simon

• Hi Frank , I tested some TS210 with my KPA in a local music store and was disappointed, but my reference is HS7 & HS80 from yamaha.

I didn't like the trebles on this one , and the lack of definition in the tone. I had some good quotes on my tone while in the store , but I was not convinced.

You'd better judge by yourself.

• Hi Frank , I tested some TS210 with my KPA in a local music store and was disappointed, but my reference is HS7 & HS80 from yamaha.

I didn't like the trebles on this one , and the lack of definition in the tone. I had some good quotes on my tone while in the store , but I was not convinced.

You'd better judge by yourself.

Hi,

Thx. I think I have to order and test...
    I personally can‘t believe that they sound sooo good for this price. B stock from Thoman is 277€/cab

• I'm afraid you'll have to send 'em back if you don't like the DXR , because the store owner told me the DXR would sound better than the alto.

Yep the price tag us really attractive, but I bet I'm much used to details of my monitoring system.

Altos would be good for rehearsal with a drummer, but not for home play IMHO.

• Don't want to trash your thread @Eltzejupp but I found this:

Proel WD12A - I will call a local shop, if they have this cab in stock.

It is ~335 Euro over here.

[Blocked Image: http://portalnaglosnieniowy.eu/images/stories/Testy/Proel_WD12A_WD15A/Proel_WD15A_rzut_lewa2.jpg]

System type 2-way coaxial vented
    Low Frequency Device 12” woofer with 2.5"VC
    High Frequency Device 1” compression driver with 1.35"VC
    Angular Coverage 80°
    Frequency Response 50 Hz - 20 kHz
    Max SPL at 1mt (peak) 124 dB
    Amplifier Continuous Power HF: 50 W CLASS ABLF: 300W CLASS D with SMPS
    Input Impedance 30 kohm balanced / 15 kohm unbalanced
    Input sensitivity 0 dBu
    Controls LEVEL, PRESET selector (MONITOR, FOH), GND lift
    Connectors INPUT: COMBO (XLR-F/JACK) - LINK: XLR-M
    Power Supply 230 VAC or 120 VAC 50/60 Hz
    Maximum Consumption 445 W
    Rated Consumption* 235 W
    Construction Plywood with black anti-scratch polyurethane paint
    Pole adapter 1 x side
    Handles 2 x sides
    Monitor Taper 36°
    Weight 15 kg (33 lb)
    Dimensions (W x H x D) 510x340x500 mm
  • I have a practical question about the Alto.. I have an unpowered kemper head, and It's great! I don't want the kemper to sit on the floor, but I don't really want to carry around a table or a stand, and I don't want the kemper to sit precariously on a wobbly PA speaker.

Does anyone know if the kemper head can fit comfortably on top of the Alto ts212? Can you send a picture?

Cheers!

Lee