[Request] Super Bluesy Zakk Wylde Tone

• Hey, another request from me :)

I'm a huge Zakk Wylde fan and one of the first commercial packages I bought for my KPA was one made of his Signature JCM 800.
    It works perfectly for all his high gain shredding tones etc, but I'm not able to achieve something sounding like the bluesy stuff he plays sometimes.

A perfect example of what I mean is the intro (and also solo) in this song from the new Black Label Society album:

https://youtu.be/kCt9sIji6CU

It doesn't sound like a JCM 800 or does it? I'm kind of stuck on that. For me that's one hell of a blues tone and I would love to hear your thoughts on how someone could get in the ballpark with that.

Cheers, David

Lots of kids when they get their first instrument hammer away at it but they don't realise there are so many levels of dynamics with a guitar. You can play one note on a guitar and it really gets to people if it is the right note in the right place played by the right person.

Gary Moore

• Fine tone on that intro , I guess you could easily get there with a vintage amp like tweed fender but that particular tone is really dumble like , with a mid pickup pos strat; but probably single coil or spilit humbucker. Add a dist pedal for the lead tone.

For free struff , check free stuff from oraakkeli

THX for your input. Fender-like amp and single coil would be totally untypicial for Zakk but I agree it sounds kind of strat-like.

EDIT: I just realized what you meant by 'dumble like'. Will definitely check those out. :)

Lots of kids when they get their first instrument hammer away at it but they don't realise there are so many levels of dynamics with a guitar. You can play one note on a guitar and it really gets to people if it is the right note in the right place played by the right person.

Gary Moore

Edited once, last by MrMangofresh ().