Sold it all for a Kemper....here are the results

• Hey what's up guys, my name is Jeff i live in south texas and i have been a guitar owner for many many years. During that time i have been a guitar player off and on. I have been in bands and recorded a few things but nothing earth shattering. I always tell people im more of a guitar owner than a player, but recently after my daughter has surpassed me with her cello playing skills i realized i was just being lazy. So i have cracked down on getting serious again. So after just really playing with my acoustic all these years and keeping the other stuff put up its really frustrating trying to play the fast stuff i used to play. I was never an Eddie or anything but I had a bit more speed that i guess will come back in time.

So anyway, i had been checking out this kemper for the past few years, i never really paid much attention to it until i saw a video with chapman not being able to tell the difference, so I decided i would get one. i am one of those tone chasers, I’m talking about getting nos mullards telefunkens i have all NOS Sylvania big bottle EL34 from the early 60s that i put in my marshall and GE 6l6 blackplates i had in a fender. I could go on and on from the amp all the way to the guitar but those of you who know what I’m talking about get the idea.
    I took a few amps and a les paul to sam ash and traded them in for a kemper.it was almost an even trade. Don't kill me about the les it was one that drove me mad, i could not keep that thing in tune, bone nut, roller bridge and locking tuners setup by a pro here in san Antonio guitar tex,.and still that G string would ever so slightly go out of tune it was maddening....i bought a prs cust 24 and i couldn’t be happier, so far its one of the best guitars i have ever owned.

So they FedEx me the kemper. I got it, read the manual plugged it found some sounds, i thought yea this is not bed. I was playing it thorough a peavey 2x12 with greenbacks. I read about the cab sim so went and bought some audio technica 50's and went the headphone route...yea much better but still not earth shattering like what i thought. But it was still my first day. so now 3 days later and learning how to tweak it a bit and got some other cabs loaded. I bought some profiles from a few different vendors and now I’m hitting that happy spot. I came across this amp profile purchased it’s the Bogner Goldfinger, man that thing is one of the best amps i have ever heard in my life, and it's one i would have never thought to try unless i had this kemper. The tone is simply angelic, amazing...i was just floored. Finding that amp was worth the cost if this thing. I’m not going to mention vendor names or anything but i have noticed some profiles are good and some are really way off as far as from listening to sound clips from their site, and im talking i could get a good profile from the same vendor and the other one from the same vendor might suck so that's weird.

I’m really happy with my purchase but im concerned about and odd issue with when I’m using the rig manager it seems to get confused with the kemper and it will throw out this error about needing to reboot the kemper and hold down the rig button. it did this a few times when i was deleting some profiles, i was deleting like 10 at a time, so i started deleting them individually. It has still locked up a couple of times so i hope this doesn't become an issue, if it’s just a software issue i can work through it, I’m an IT guy by trade so i can figure most things out relatively easy but with money spent like this i would just want it to work correctly.

• Don't kill me about the les it was one that drove me mad, i could not keep that thing in tune, bone nut, roller bridge and locking tuners setup by a pro here in san Antonio guitar tex,.and still that G string would ever so slightly go out of tune it was maddening....i bought a prs cust 24 and i couldn’t be happier, so far its one of the best guitars i have ever owned.

Same issue with many custom Gibby's but I bet your PRS stays in tune 8o

Not sure about RM? Which OS's are you running? Laptop/PC/Mac? Good cables/connections?

Welcome to the community!

• Welcome! I do believe that you have to hold the rig button when it starts back up and that will fix any damaged rigs. Is that what you did? Don't hesitate to open a support ticket also.

• Welcome! I do believe that you have to hold the rig button when it starts back up and that will fix any damaged rigs. Is that what you did? Don't hesitate to open a support ticket also.

Thank you! yea that's what i did...i'm not sure if its from importing a bunch of profiles at a time or what, but it seems to be doing it again. So i will open a support case to see what if anything may be wrong.

• Welcome to the Kemper club... AND the PRS club Jeff!
    Is the Kemper up to date firmware wise?

Thank you, yes both the rig mgr and the Kemper are up to date I made sure of that when i first got it up and running. I wondering if it's the usb 3 ports im using, do you know if that's compatible with the kemper? I think it should be. Yea that prs i sjust amazing quality.

• Thank you, yes both the rig mgr and the Kemper are up to date I made sure of that when i first got it up and running. I wondering if it's the usb 3 ports im using, do you know if that's compatible with the kemper? I think it should be. Yea that prs i sjust amazing quality.

USB3 should make no difference since it's just quicker data transfer? I use it no probs. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling just in case? Your system is plenty powerful so all good there.

I'm using headphones, powered Rokkit monitors, powered Yamaha DXR 10's and 4x12 cabs.

• USB3 should make no difference since it's just quicker data transfer? I use it no probs. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling just in case? Your system is plenty powerful so all good there.
    I'm using headphones, powered Rokkit monitors, powered Yamaha DXR 10's and 4x12 cabs.

Yea im going to try that and see what happens. thanks!

• Thank you, yes both the rig mgr and the Kemper are up to date I made sure of that when i first got it up and running. I wondering if it's the usb 3 ports im using, do you know if that's compatible with the kemper? I think it should be. Yea that prs i sjust amazing quality.

I just got a Surface Pro 2017, and everything works just fine on the USB 3 port.